Ind Colts (39 points )
Cin Bengals
Phil Iggles
TB Bucs
Wash Skins
ARiz Cards
SD Chargers
Minny Vikes
NY Jets Agonized over this (God knows why)..as they both suck.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 11:26 pm
OK, OK, domani.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 11:31 pm
Osso, I don't know if it's for you(FFB), the smack has a 120 character limit.....

the what has a what?
Listen, I can be terse
Given incentives.

I don' unnerstand that game, whine.

Are there instructions somewhere?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 26 Dec, 2007 11:38 pm
The final week jitters is now in control. Tylenol anyone?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 05:27 am
osso, on Fantasy Football, we trash talk each other. But it has a character limit. For a while there I was doing fake Burma shave ads.

And -- since the season is basically over this is for next time if you want to join in -- there is a draft (which you can either go to or you can pick your selections beforehand and have it done more or less automatically or you can just let the computer pick 'em). Since there's 10 or whatever people in the league, you may not get who you want.

The draft is done weeks before the season begins so there's some trading done then (trading can be done later too but, since the games have not yet started, you can't really do much except trade and trash talk). We play a one-on-one league, so you have one opponent per week. Last week, my opponent was Rocky. The week before, it was rjb.

Points are scored for how well your team does in a particular area (rushing, whatever). You have to field a team of a certain composition (e. g. you have to have a quarterback). This year, for example, I had 2 kickers. I could only play one at a time but it was helpful to have a backup when my main guy's real-life team had a bye week. With 2 kickers, I could have just dropped the second one after my main guy's bye week was over, but I kept him and sometimes used him if the experts predicted that he would have a better week than the main guy. I also had 2 teams' defenses (defense is considered as one "player"), New England and another (Carolina, I think). I used NE almost all the time.

Your point totals and your win totals decide who you'll play in the playoffs. Fantasy playoffs happen before real-life playoffs -- we're already done. This year, I did better than last year. Last year, I finished 10 out of 12. This year, my regular season was 7 out of 12 but I pulled it out in the playoffs and made it to 5th place. Not enough for a "trophy" but I was pleased with it. Ticomaya won this year, which kinda makes sense as he led for most of the regular season. fbaezer is a great player and always a contender.

Anyway, we have lots of fun.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 11:48 am
Gee, thanks, Jes, that's a huge help. I think I'll try it next year if there is room in the group at the time.

Part of my whining was that at some point some months ago, I wanted to try to follow along but not play - and couldn't seem to do that without joining the league (figuring out a name), and actually playing. So, your post gives me much more of a clue about the game.

<Back in a bit with my selections, still thinking about a few games.>
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 12:37 pm
Join us next season, ossobuco. With one game a week it is far less
time-intensive than fantasy baseball. This is the first year I have done either
one and somehow I muddled through.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 12:44 pm
Fantasy baseball! Now there I'd be a super-ignoramus. Or, ignorama.
Maybe in 2009...
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 12:58 pm
Ignorama, that's good!
Your old Latin teacher would be proud.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 01:00 pm
Sister Mary Joel, you were right, latin lives...
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 01:05 pm
Desperate times call for desperate measures, ergo:

WEEK 17:

Giants
Falcons
Bears
Niners
Lions
Texans
Dolphins
Bills
Panthers
Rams
Ravens
Bronx
Jets
Raiders
Redskins
Titans (31)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 01:49 pm
Week 17

New England
Seattle
New Orleans (remains under consideration)
Cleveland
Green Bay
Jacksonville
Cincinnati
Philadelphia (ruc)
Tampa Bay
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Minnesota
Kansas City
San Diego
Dallas (ruc)
Indianapolis 32

Enjoying lmur's selections. They do give me pause...
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 02:01 pm
Good strategy, lmur! If you are correct, you will vault to the top of the list.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 02:25 pm
To be brutally frank, I'm pinning my hopes on a lot of seasonal drink-driving convictions...
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 10:13 pm
I intended to make these picks tomorrow afternoon, hopefully after hearing which coaches are resting which players. That worked until we got a phone call tonight asking if we can be in Elko, Nevada, Saturday afternoon for an "Oh, by the way..." wedding by our semi-unofficially adopted daughter. Wish Miz Doc and me some luck - we have three passes to traverse between here and there, and it's supposed to snow steadily for the next three days. Here goes, by guess and by golly........

New England
Seattle
Chicago
Cleveland
Green Bay
Jacksonville
Cincinnati
Philadelphia
Tampa Bay
Arizona
Pittsburgh
Minnesota
New York Jets
San Diego
Washington

Indianapolis (42)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 10:15 pm
Be safe!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 10:16 pm
Good luck on the driving and have fun when you get there, Cowdocs.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 10:31 pm
Mrs. cowDoc

New England
Seattle
Chicago
Cleveland
G. Bay
Jacksonvill
Cinn
Philly
T. Bay
Arizona
Pitt
Minn
KC
San Diego
Washington

Indy 32
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 10:41 pm
I may have a problem. Ragman and CowDoc picked Chicago, Washington, and Minnesota, while I picked New Orleans, Dallas, and Denver.

The Saints look better on paper (7/8 vs 6/9), and the Cowboys are 13/2 vs the Redskins 8/7. The Vikings vs Denver game is only a home-field advantage, I hope, game.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 10:59 pm
Don't be too upset, ci. I picked the Bears because the Saints are a dome team that generally does not play well outdoors in a wintry climate. Dallas is obviously a better team, but they have home field locked up, so I'm assuming they will rest their starters. The Broncos simply suck, no matter where they play, and the Vikes are - I think - marginally alive for the playoffs. Mind you, these are all intangibles, and I may be completely full of the stuff that I usually find on my boots. Have a great weekend!
0 Replies