NFL 2007/8 A2K Road to Phoenix-The Duel In the Desert

sumac

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:09 pm
Quote:
osso wrote:
An acorn, or?
??????

Whatever the referent was, it just sailed on by....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:10 pm
Sumac, I have forgotten about Carolina for a bunch of weeks, so I don't know the answer to my own acorn question..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:13 pm
Oh, it was a page or two back, and related at the time to San Francisco winning, by now a giant surprise.

So RH (rockhead) mentioned the Blind Squirrel theory, and I looked it up, after correcting my impression that he was talking about a bad squirrel - something about the law of averages, or that even a blind squirrel will sometimes find an acorn. If you google, you'll see it's been used in other internet comments re football.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:13 pm
Osso...Carolina won, and according to a local commentator, with a QB with as much experience as a "paperclip".
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:14 pm
Sumac, Osso is harmless, humorous, and awesome, but please do not expect her to make sense all the time....

RH
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:16 pm
Not sense, but there is always some kind of internal logic somewhere, if one knows where the acorn is buried.....
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:16 pm
Zachary
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:20 pm
Sumac and I know and respect each other, long time passing.

She's well aware o'my foibles.

But, wait, was either SF or Carolina just the odd acorn? Both have somewhat inexperienced quarterbacks rallying the team. I'm less sure of that with Carolina, since all I saw was some numbers and not a report.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:23 pm
Zachary?
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:23 pm
And she o'mine.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:24 pm
Both are done for the year, and working on next years roster.

This is a dangerous time of year, cause underdogs pop folks for odd reasons.

RH
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:40 pm
osso wrote:
I guess I had a.. phantasm. I could swear that on my passes through the scoring tabulations on yahoo and espn that I saw the Jets get a td, thus were at 16-20, with time. But now both sites say 10-20. <blinks>
you were not seein' things.
the 'ets scored a TD, but the receiver didn't have control of the ball as he stepped out of bounds.
belichick challenged, and it was overruled.
gotta send Chad P props for coming off the bench cold and moving the chains repeatedly...

Rh wrote:
Patriots lose next week, you heard it here first...
get real, kid Exclamation
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:50 pm
sumac wrote:

Whatever the reference was, it just sailed on by....

Yeah, that is kind of typical for this thread. But has anyone else noticed that Osso and CI actually seem to be following football fairly closely?

I am 9-5 this week so far.

Over on the fantasy thing, Jespah whipped realjohnboy. Sigh.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 07:54 pm
rjb: Yeah, that is kind of typical for this thread. But has anyone else noticed that Osso and CI actually seem to be following football fairly closely?

With just a few weeks left to this season....numbers are more critical today than it was a few weeks ago. Trying to figure out the odds are still a tough nut to crack.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 08:18 pm
CI is the numbers guy, and I rep ms. emotional with some dollops of common sense. Trouble is, sometimes the emotional wins and the common sense doesn't.

I've been following all along since I started, what, almost two years ago, cold - from not watching football for at least a decade, but I don't always catch injury reports, analysis, and I have sentimental biases.

In past life, I never could scratch out plays on a blackboard, but I always liked following characters, abilities, struggles, yadda yadda. I just stopped with the sports for a while in middle age, re work and life.

Thanks for the clue, Region, I'm not crazed after all.

Football is the reason I might buy a wee tv, save that I don't want to pay for the foopdedoo (I get to say that) related to cables and satellites.

Both CI and Ragman came in as "newbies" and did astoundingly well. I remember saying something mollifying to Ragman about it all being a crapshoot and not to worry. He's been at or near #1 ever since.

People who have purposely played with selection constructs, like jespah and ehBeth, however actual judgement past that came into any choices, have done well enough, say in comparison to people on sports channels.
All fun. Of course I can say that, with no money on the line.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 09:36 pm
Manniing is not playing his "normal" game.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 09:41 pm
That would fit with today....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 10:43 pm
That would fit with today....
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 16 Dec, 2007 10:44 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 17 Dec, 2007 08:36 am
ossobuco wrote:
Zachary?

Egg Zachary.

You'll have to excuse RH for leaving off the proper prefix ... he has a public school education.
0 Replies