Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 482 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Coolwhip

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 10:03 am
For those unable to read:

OFFICIAL MEMORANDUM
STATE OF TEXAS
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR

Throughout the world, people of all religions recognize Jesus Christ as an example of love, compassion, sacrifice and service. Reaching out to the poor, the suffering and the marginalized, he provided moral leadership that continues to inspire countless men, women, and children today.

To honor his life and teachings, Christians of all races and denominations have joined together to designate June 10 as Jesus Day. As part of this celebration of unity, they are taking part in the 10th annual March for Jesus in cities throughout the Lone Star State. The march, which began in Austin in 1991, is now held in nearly 180 countries. Jesus Day challenges people to follow Christ's example by performing good works in their communities and neighborhoods. By nursing the sick, feeding the poor or volunteering in homeless shelters, everyone can play a role in making the world a better place.

I urge all Texans to answer the call to serve those in need. By volunteering their time, energy or resources to helping others, adults and youngsters follow Christ's message of love and service in thought and deed.

Therefore I, George W. Bush, Governor of Texas, do hereby proclaim June 10, 2000,

Jesus Day

in Texas and urge the appropriate recognition whereof.

In official recognition whereof, I hereby affix my signature this 17th day of March, 2000

George W. Bush [signature]
Governor of Texas

Source
0 Replies