So, how many of you??????

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 06:19 am
I have been randomly reading different topics and what people have replied to......how many of you folk know each other....wether face to face or just on this thread???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 794 • Replies: 18
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 06:22 am
I've met, in person, um (counting) 6 people I think. As for how many people I "know," well, gosh. A lot? I've known many of these people for coming up on 7 years -- maybe 50 of those? And then another... 150? that I've met here and have encountered often enough to say that I "know" them. That's hard to gauge, though.
0 Replies

eatnpeaches79

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 06:23 am
Thats very interesting......but true, you never "really" know...more or less just a distant passerby?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 06:25 am
Some of us have been having around this forum for years. Others, that came from an now extinct forum called Abuzz, have been known each other even longer. I haven't met anyone person, but I do consider many people here to be friends- in a goofy electronic way.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 06:29 am
I've personally met ... 20, 25.

And since I'm here from the first days onwards, I "know" quite a lot more via the web.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 08:32 am
Green Witch wrote:
Some of us have been having around this forum for years. Others, that came from an now extinct forum called Abuzz, have been known each other even longer. I haven't met anyone person, but I do consider many people here to be friends- in a goofy electronic way.

Wow - I obviously wrote that before having my morning coffee. Editor please...

I consider forums like A2K to be similar to 18th century letter writing, just faster. Jane Austin would have loved forums.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 08:41 am
I feel like I know maybe 5 posters pretty well. I've met only one, but that was so much fun that I think I'll make an effort to meet others.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 08:56 am
I have met ten A2Kers in person. I fell that I "know" dozens more. I have been hanging around since the late, oft lamented Abuzz, which probably means since around 1999.

I have been through births, deaths, marriages, divorces and various and sundry life events with these folks. I feel that many of them are part of my extended family.

In fact, I think that I interact with, and have more feelings for, certain A2Kers much more than I do with some of my relatives!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:08 am
Well, a couple of A2K'ers (they are ex-ABUZZER's, too) stay here with us quite frequently ... and we at their home.

They are real personal friends since years, as some others I've met, too.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:09 am
I've met about a dozen Boston-area members at various gatherings here.
I've met Diane, Dyslexia, Noddy, realjohnboy and Walter when they had
visited the area.
I met Joe Nation in NYC and jogged with him through Central Park.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:12 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
In fact, I think that I interact with, and have more feelings for, certain A2Kers much more than I do with some of my relatives!

None of us have the privilege of choosing our own relatives. Luckily, we get to choose which A2Kers we interact with. Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:14 am
eatnpeaches79,

lists were made on this thread...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:27 am
Ohmygawd! It looks like I forgot three people. I will never say which! Embarrassed
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:53 am
Region Philbis wrote:
eatnpeaches79,

lists were made on this thread...

in addition to the 43 + 2 I listed on that thread, I can now add Walter, mac11 and Roberta to my life list.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 04:40 pm
I count more than one A2Ker on my list of favorite people on the planet. The list is fairly small. Some I've met IRL, some I haven't but that doesn't mean they can't be given favorite people on the planet status.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 04:43 pm
I am quite fond of everyone here... 'ceptin that damn dyslexia fella of course....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 04:44 pm
The Atookaians I've met, and talked to on the phone, have been pretty dang amazing - it's what keeps me looking for opportunities to meet more.

That internet, it's so isolating Cool
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 05:09 pm
I've never met anyone and have no wish to. You all seem to be a bunch of pratts and I have met a quite sufficient number of them in my life thank you very much.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 05:33 pm
spendius wrote:
I've never met anyone and have no wish to. You all seem to be a bunch of pratts and I have met a quite sufficient number of them in my life thank you very much.

Apparently you like us enough to post over 24,000 times. Why don't you go bother some people you really hate.
0 Replies