Hates nappy changes

Wilso

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 06:39 am
When we lay Thalia down to change her, her arms wave, her feet kick, and she screams and screams and screams. She usually ends up with the hiccups because she works herself into such a frenzy. I've tried everything I can think of to comfort her, but nothing makes any difference.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 613 • Replies: 3
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 06:45 am
That's familiar, yep...

We put a mobile over the changing table to give her something to focus on while changing diapers. Lay her down, turn on the mobile (get it moving), and then when her attention is on it get started with the process of diaper changing.

Thalia might be a big young for that to work, I forget the age at which it was most a problem for sozlet. But it helped us.

Also, do you have a diaper changing table with a pad, the kind that curves up on either side? Sozlet seemed to always feel safer or something there than when we put her down on the floor or someplace open. Little babies like to feel enclosed/ safe.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 07:10 am
Is the top of the changing area padded?

Does Thalia carry on for both you and for her mother?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 07:15 am
MMM i'd say Its not uncommon for new babies to feel insecure when being "unwraped" Think about the womb its all snug and warm and enclosed, then after birth we wrap our babies up nice and snug in blankets etc all snug and warm. I think soz's suggestion of a wrap around change table or mattress is a good one.
0 Replies