Want to marry a younger women

purush

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 11:33 am
I am so ashamed of myself, because I am 67 years of age and very much in love with a young women who is only 33 years. We met on Shaadi.com and have exchanged photos. She is aware of my age. We are on the phone with each other everyday. She is a widow with three little kids, and thinks that I will make a good dad for her children who lost their father while very young. We have explored all annals in the intimate conversations with each other including sex. I get turned on just talking to her and she feels the same way. I have not met her in person yet. Should I procede further and meet her in person and marry her ?
I am so nervous and feel foolish. But I am crazy about her, and want to be with her always. Please advise.

Thanks ([email protected])
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 968 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Doowop

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 11:43 am
I'm going to be brutally harsh here, but it needs saying.

If I were you purush, I would hold back on the reins for a while and think with your head, not your heart.
Being very cynical, I ask myself why a 33 year old widow shows so much interest in someone of your age. I don't know your situation, and may be totally wrong about the lass, but I would suspect that financial security may be in the picture here.

Do you have a fair few assets? House, savings, things like that?

You'll probably be angry with my response, but if I were a 33 year old widow trying to raise kids on my own, security would play a very big part in my future plans.
0 Replies

purush

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 12:22 pm
Security would play a part ?
Thank you kindly for your response. Yes, as of now, I am blindfolded as I can only see a rosy picture of myself having a ball of a time with this lady. But I have mulled over it many times and find it hard to curtail this relationship. No sir, I am not a rich guy with a huge bank balance, I get a good pension and live in a four bedroom house all by myself and now working full time. She knows this for a fact. Since my divorce 20 years ago I have not met any woman and have had not intimacy. I feel young inside and have the same sexual urges when I was in my twenties, shy young man who was too embarrassed to go out with the girl. I was just a secret admirer. I have tentatively booked a flight to India in November. Please respond to give me more advise. I am really in a fix. Sometimes I think I am going to let this golden opportunity that as come in my golden years slip by and am afraid to face the lonely life all over again. I have been going to church almost everyday to pray for this heavy burden that is hanging over my shoulders. Please help !
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 12:26 pm
Then go for it, as you only live once, but look out for the soap on the stairs though.

I wonder, would she still marry you with a pre nup condition attached?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 12:41 pm
Get at it old boy is my advice. Caution is all very well when a long life stretches out before one but that is hardly the case at your age.

I wouldn't worry about the lady's reasons. She's obviously a good sport and that's a plus. You can always run away if things go tits up.

Keep a secret bank account though and your assets portable.

I wore my urges out so I can at least offer disinterested advice. One of the old cocks in the pub is just like you sound. Not that he goes to church. He would have anybody who would have him at high speed. I have discovered that common sense talk has not the slightest effect on him.

Light the blue touchpaper.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 12:57 pm
purush
I say go for it. Meet her and have fun. I wouldn't rush into marriage though.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 01:26 pm
I don't get the problem?

Well, except that you are thinking marriage and you have yet to meet her in person!

Why not just meet her without hoping for too much? Keep your sense, and your bank account in your charge. lol. You know, hope but don't let this be the thing that makes or breaks you.

You have managed to live without a woman for all these years, and if it doesn't work out, you will manage again.

And in the meantime, you have an adventure to explore. Go! See what it has to offer.

You aren't a bad man for wanting some companionship and someone to love. No use feeling guilty.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 02:58 pm
She's in India? Wow!
Here is not only a huge age difference but also cultural differences
to overcome.

Good luck, you'll need it!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 03:19 pm
I agree with CJ... and mushy - go and meet her for yourself and see if your feelings persist. Also, if you get married, get a prenup - you wouldn't want to marry her, bring her over and sponsor her and everything and then find her divorcing you and taking you for half of what you own... and still be responsible for her and her kids.

She may be just using you. If you're that serious, go and find out.
0 Replies

purush

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 03:47 pm
I am overwhlemed by your kind replies
I am both gratified and grateful for you kind advise, now I feel a strange sense of confidence surging inside me. I have no friends here to discuss this issue. I came across this lovely forum by chance. All I want is her and the three kids. I have always wanted girls in the family, I have three supportive sons who keep telling me go for it dad. By the grace of God to whom I pray daily I will have the pleasure of two girls my new daughters and a son. I am from India, and this lady speaks my language. The language brings us very close. I want to take the kids to the Disney world etc, and give them a good time. They come from a poor family a village in India. Thanks a million for all you guys for your kind advise. I am very confident and happy now. God Bless you all. I went through a rough marriage as the other half was having an affair which I did not know until someone mentioned it to me. One day I found them late at night in Tim Hortens holding hands under the table. I walked away without confronting heart broken. Thanks again Bless you all wonderful people. I feel so good and not ashamed like before. Special thanks to 'Calamity Jane and Mame.

Peter
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 06:13 pm
Quote:
I want to take the kids to the Disney world etc, and give them a good time.

Listen mate. If you want to give kids a good time don't bother with Disney. Get them some marbles or some mud and let them feed the ducks. Let them teach you what they like and don't go imposing your own ideas on them. Get them a racing bike and some crayons. Slip them a dollar bill every now and again and watch what they do with it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 06:32 pm
The way I see it, purush, it's a trade off. You want company and another family and she presumably wants out of India and security. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Just protect yourself. And have fun in India!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 06:34 pm
I'm with Mame and the others that said "go for it, but protect yourself and your assets at the same time."

Oh, and have fun :-D
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 08:43 pm
Your sons are for it, that's a big plus.
I wish you had some friends to talk to...

Yeah, like everyone here seems to say, why not?

But seriously, listen to the "take care of yourself" advice. Don't lose yourself in love, until you are positive that it's reciprocated.

Have fun, but keep your head on straight.
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 12:40 am
spendius wrote:
Quote:
I want to take the kids to the Disney world etc, and give them a good time.

Listen mate. If you want to give kids a good time don't bother with Disney. Get them some marbles or some mud and let them feed the ducks. Let them teach you what they like and don't go imposing your own ideas on them. Get them a racing bike and some crayons. Slip them a dollar bill every now and again and watch what they do with it.

Excellent advice.
0 Replies

purush

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 11:06 am
Wow ! I have true friends here
Thank you Mame, Montana, Spendius ( your advise is noted )
I cannot find words to express my gratitude to all of you. Just the other day I was down and out lost in confusion, unable to take firm dicision and now I have sympathy advise and encouragement from women's perspective as well, especially from Mame and Montana it is heartwarming. I am all fired up and looking forward to meeting this lady. I have swet under my palm as I type, may be I am a bit nervous. Imagine me meeting her face to face with a bunch of flowers in my hand, my heart pounding, my feet wobly and say the most stupidest thing that can come out of my mouth. I feel like a teenager once more. Oh ! what a feeling.
You are all my best friends, the ones I dreamed but never had. God Bless you all.

Peter
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2007 12:31 pm
I hope everything turns out wonderful for you, Peter. Enjoy your life to the fullest, as we only live once :-D

I'm excited for you and hope you let us know how everything turns out.

Welcome to our very special family here at A2K :-D
0 Replies