We're off to Canada on August 2

Ceili

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 02:00 am
Welcome to Canada C.I. !!!!

I envy you your journey by train. I have alway wanted to do that trip. I hope you have a wonderful time. Wave if or when you go through Edmonton.
Ceili

.............so did anyone actually check under the rug in the garage????
snoop around and get a read on his electrical 'sitiuation'. If I read the man right he likes nothin' but the best :wink: :wink: nudge, nudge, know what I mean?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 04:11 am
Montana, you're in luck. I made a return trip and found some pretty cool stuff. In the basement I found some home made videos that will shock you. Personally, I found them quite entertaining, very graphic, but I'm not sure you'll be able to handle the content. Let me know what you think. They're in the mail.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 02:58 pm
Thanks Gus. I'll let you know what I think of them and maybe I'll even start a thread on the subject ;-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2003 02:03 pm
Margo! about two weeks ago, hamburger and mrs. hamburger made a bit of a split second decision to travel to Switzerland in September, and ordered their plane tickets the same afternoon. Almost all of his online time since has been spent checking Swiss train and event schedules. I'll let him know you said "g'day" ! Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 12:05 pm
Got back early eve yesterday. STill trying to unpack and organize. Downloaded all my digital photos, but still haven't titled each one and organize. c.i.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 12:49 pm
Welcome back, c.i.!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 03:09 pm
PICTURES Exclamation
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 03:41 pm
e Beth has sent you a Care2 e-card!

To view your card, simply click on this address:

http://www.care2.com/ecards/p/5228-4615-10952-6743

Sending Care2 e-cards helps the planet!
Care2 is the #1 Environmental Network for healthy living and a healthy planet.

The card was sent on August 17, 2003.
It will be available online for 14 days.

Over 2 million members strong!

ok - once you are at the card - click on kingston - it will tell you there are no pix - just click on add photos or some other editorial function -it should let you see more pix. if it asks for a password (it's not supposed to, but ...) try egbert .
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 03:52 pm
ehBeth, Thanks for the card. Also was able to find the photo of the UK gang with Walter and wife. c.i.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 03:55 pm
i waved at every train we saw cross over there that morning, c.i. - just in case you and mrs. c.i. were on board!

looking forward to hearing/seeing about your travels.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 07:02 pm
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/38/51/littlekb/28/398.jpg

This was taken inside the Rocky Mountaineer train we took from Banff to Vancouver. c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 07:58 pm
Banff main street with Cathedral Mountain in the background. c.i.http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/38/51/littlekb/28/399.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 07:59 pm
Ceili, Edmonton was one of our short stops. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 08:01 pm
ehBeth, Must've been at a time when we were not looking out the window, and talking to some other passengers. Sorry. But for the effort, our heartfelt gratitude. c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 08:19 pm
The Rocky Mountaineer pulling into Banff station. c.i.http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/38/51/littlekb/28/39a.jpg
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 02:42 am
Hey !! Welcome back !! Great pics !!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:58 am
Welcome back c.i.! Nice pics so far! Banff is beautiful.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:59 am
Hi CI! Welcome back. I LOVE those vista cruisers. So how was it? Did you get tired of being on the train? Did you get to get off & hike about? How much time at each station? Tell, tell!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 11:07 am
We had free access on the VIA RAIL train from Toronto to Jasper, but was restricted to one car on the Rocky Mountaineer. We spent most of our time on the Rocky Mountaineer in our seats on the top dome section except when we were dining on the bottom section. It was a bit restrictive, but the train staff provided us with five star service - free drinks and snacks. The food was gourmet, so nobody complained about anything. We stayed overnight in Kamloops at the Four Points Sheraton, and continued our journey to Vancouver the following morning. The scenery was breath-taking, and we saw bald eagles and ospreys. c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 12:11 pm
0 Replies