Internet Dating

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 09:27 pm
Recently got carried away with well meaning friends pushing into signing up for the personals site. Came across someone & felt there was a connection, corresponded through anonymous email for a few days & even talked on the phone, talked about getting together ......have absolutely no clue why all of a sudden no response to phone calls or emails .....am absolutely devastated coz it took a lot of courage to even attempt it & don't know how to react. Any advise without the psychoanalysis please.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 626 • Replies: 4
No top replies

TTH

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 09:39 pm
What was your last conversation about?
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 02:54 pm
Maybe you aren't ready to date? I'd say try to forget about whatever reasons there was no call.
It's a no-go. Don't take it personally.

I barely spent any time attempting internet dating. So that may shade my response. I found it quite harsh. Hard. More so than regular dating.

At least in regular dating, there is some element of accountability from the get-go.
You can know where they live, someone they know, where they work. Etc.

Everything is fast, it's a numbers game on the computer. I dunno. Seems not the best intro to dating again for someone who has their heart in healing to me.

Take care. I hope you can separate this one person's choices and leave it, not let it affect your self esteem.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 04:14 pm
Gazelleeyes--

Welcome to A2K.

Many people treat the Internet as a "Write My Own Storybook"--which is fine, but other people may be writing their own stories on your page.

You were looking for companionship and eventually for love.

You met a guy who was interested in entertainment without involvement.

Now if this Story were printed out and you read it, you'd be full of sympathy for The Heroine--who deserves a certain amount of sympathy--and distain for the Lousy, Rotten Cad who dashed her hopes.

Because the story happened to you--and you felt some tug of attraction to the Lousy, Rotten Cad--you have changed the plot to:

Our Heroine meets the Judge of the Universe who rejects her because she is such a low-down, rotten, ugly, self-centered, flat-chested piece fluff.

This is your story.

Chapter One: The Guy/Lousy Rotten Cad wasn't for you.

Chapter Two: Our plucky Heroine, a little sadder, but a little wiser, tries Internet Dating again, but resolves to move with a bit more caution this time.

Meanwhile, look around A2K. The more people you talk with on the net, the more confident you'll be both at presenting yourself and at detecting phonies.
0 Replies

serenity m

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 07:02 am
I have an intenet date tonite....she wrote to me on Wednesday...amazing we know some of the same people from a few years back. She also has a "bit of a wall" around herself.....but I'm looking forward to it.

You have do have a lot of tries to get a feel for internet dating
0 Replies