What is the word to fill in the blank?

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:05 am
My parents never allow me to feel sorry for myself or take _____ of people because of my handicap.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 393 • Replies: 5
No top replies

TTH

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:23 am
Yoong Liat
What words do you think might be correct? I will help you the best I can. I can tell you what words I might use in that sentence. Do you have any words that you think fit?
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 05:37 am
TTH wrote:
Yoong Liat
What words do you think might be correct? I will help you the best I can. I can tell you what words I might use in that sentence. Do you have any words that you think fit?

I think 'advantage' is the word. I couldn't figure out what it was at first. That the difficulty about filling in the blanks.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 06:19 am
Advantage was my first thought. I think the word "care" would also fit. Can you think of anymore?
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 06:22 am
TTH wrote:
Advantage was my first thought. I think the word "care" would also fit. Can you think of anymore?

My parents never allow me to feel sorry for myself or take care of people because of my handicap.

Is 'take care' fine?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 07:07 am
In the example the parents of the speaker are encouraging him to be independent. They would be proud if he could take care of someone else.

"Advantage" is a much better word in this context.
0 Replies