Horrible Headache---HELP!!

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:04 pm
I've had this headache for exactly a week now. Last week I had strep throat and am now better but this headache wont go away. It's on the top of my head and is worse when I wake up in the morning. If I push on it, it realieves the pain for awhile. When I first wake up, the headache is so intense that it makes me sick to my stomach and occasionally makes me vomit. It hurts to life my head or walk up stairs... I've taken ever single kinda of headache medicine that you can imagine and nothing will touch it. It makes me dizzy an I'm clumsy and loose my balance.
anyone got any ideas???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 825 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:06 pm
Yes, visit a doctor.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:07 pm
I agree. Headaches usually don't last this long. Check it out.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:13 pm
Last Oct. I had strep throat really bad and also had a headache for 2 weeks straight. They gave me tons of prescription medicines to help and I was put in the hospital because the strep got so bad... well some other things happend and I didn't agree with what the dr was doing so I checked myself out. I went to a bigger hospital and they instantly did a CT scan. Said everything was normal and gave me med... didn't work, but like a week later, I woke up and it was gone. This headache is worse... the thing of it is, I'm currently staying with my mother(who I'm sorry, but is a nutjob) and she's my only means of transportation, and she just tells me to take tylenol and rest! Even though she JUST graduated from nursing school... I don't know.. she acts as if she doesn't believe me...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:14 pm
I'm with Set and Phoenix. Get to a doctor.
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:18 pm
I looked up information online about it and it came up with alot of stuff on brain tumors... which really scares me!! I told my mother that I think need to go to the dr and she said to wait. She left to go to the bar Sad so I guess no dr today for me...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:26 pm
justretta- Calm down. The chance that your headache is caused by a brain tumor is remote. It probably has more to do with your infection.

Do you know for sure that it was strep? Was a culture taken of your throat? If it were strep, you need an antibiotic. Strep does not go away on its own. It must be treated, or it can cause all sorts of nasties. Don't you have anyone who can take you to the doctor?
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:34 pm
I went to the dr last week and they did a strep test, and I have it. I get strep all the time... was supposed to get my tosils out in November but kept getting sick so I couldn't...anyway. I only have two days left of my antibiotic and have been feeling great(strep wise) since a few days ago... I just moved here, so I really don't have anyone to take me to the dr... my bf would but he has to be to work in a half hr and lives 45mins away from me and I would feel bad if I made him take off work.
Other than that, there's nobody
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:48 pm
I'm going to try another shower... and maybe lay down for a bit.. I will be back on later to let ya know how its goin....
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 08:13 pm
A few things to consider....could be a sinus infection, if you bite down, do your top teeth ache? What if you press on your forehead above and between your eyebrows or on each side of your nose.
Migraine?? does pain medicine relieve it for a bit, are you sensitive to light? Is your neck stiff?
On a scale from 1-10, 10 being the worst pain you've ever felt, what would you rate it?

How old are you? Any family history of brain tumors etc...
0 Replies

justretta

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:48 pm
Well, let's see.. no to the biting down and teeth hurting... no to the sinus and forward hurting... medicine hasn't touched the pain at all... light really doesn't make it hurt worse.. it hurts really bad in the morning... and like I sad before it makes me sick. Its intense pain on the top of my head when I stand, roll over or try to sit up from bed. My neck and back has been hurting me. If I push down on the top of my head and hold it relieves the pain until I let go... I don't know if there's any history of that sort in my family..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:52 pm
Well, this could be anything from not much, to quite serious. You still need to see an m.d., however busy anyone is.
0 Replies