Creative ways of saying " I love you" !

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:05 pm
Hello everyone;

I've had this big crush on a girl I met for many months now, and I want to tell her honestly and finally that I love her. But I'm thinking of the APPROACH. How to say I love you. I don't want to do it the usual "hey..I wanna tell you something" approach..I want to be unique, new, special..'originale'..if you know what I mean. So what are your ideas?

I was thinking of handing her a boquet of roses and a small paper within those roses written on it "I love you"

or writing is as a file in my laptop and make her open it by herself

or writing it as a hidden code message in a poem

or playing hangman with her on paper where the result of the missing word would be " I love you"

or writing it backwards on a paper and make her figure it out :p

Those are the few ideas I have, and im depending on you guys and gals for more of them.

Let's get creative: Guys, what are the most successful special ways you've tried or think of trying to say I love you to the girl?

Ladies: What kind of "I love you" approach would you most consider as extraordinary ??

Please guide me through and I'll let you know what happens.

I LOVE HER!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,800 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:15 pm
Write it on her mirror with a red marker (something that will wipe off). Make sure you do it just before you leave and she will find it once you are gone. She'll love it! :wink:

I almost forgot. One long stemmed red rose means I love you.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:18 pm
Maybe there's something you could write on the bathroom mirror you can't see, unless it gets fogged up by the shower. So she could see it getting out of the shower.

This is what a romantic guy would do.

I usually just get drunk during an afternoon, throw a $20 bill at her, and say "woman, to the liquor store for another 30-pack and make it snappy. Love ya'."
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 07:19 pm
hmmmm....I'll think about it.

however you end up doing it....please make sure it's private!

don't make this important thing a spectacle for the world to see.

If she reciprocates your feelings, you'll have plenty of time to show the world.

It's not supposed to be a reality show event

You say you have a "crush" on her....do you think she loves you?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 08:30 pm
Frank Sinatra:

...then I said something stupid like
I LOVE YOU...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 08:41 pm
my dad made a crossword puzzle for my mom - but it wasn't any ole crossword puzzle. letters were all written in, she had to figure out the sequence. she had to move across like horse on a chessboard - three squares down, two to the side... took her ages. it said something to the effect that i love you, although i don't think my father would put it in those words.
he also, instead of a love letter, wrote for her a 30 page long philosophical treatise on love letters. he did the mirror poems (put the carbon paper into a typewriter backwards, take the tape out) - result is a text you can only read in a mirror.... and all kinds of stuff.

now my ex had a few good ones, too. E used to send me music tapes, one every week or so. On each cover, there was a letter highlighted - though I never noticed. He had to tell me to put them all next to each other. Sure enough, the highlighted letters spelled 'I love you'.

He did that via email, too. Every now and then I'd get an email with just one letter. After awhile I figured out what they spelled, when I looked at the printouts.

Another ex was walking with me through the town. The way he said it for the first time was when we stopped in front of a poster announcing some concerts and whatnot. He was pointing at letters, I read them out loud. He spelled I love you.

Any way you do it, wonderjohn, it will be great. She will remember and treasure it forever, believe me.
0 Replies

Perplexed

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 06:37 pm
Maybe I'm stupid, in fact I'm sure I am, but, wouldn't it be best to tell her in person, yourself?

Like take her out on a REALLY NICE date, somewhere fancy, flowers, the whole works, and then tell her "I love you".

You really can't improve on those words. I was reading a philosophy paper the pther day that said that saying "I love you" is not a 'report' on the person's feelings, but rather it's the natural expression that a person says as part of feeling love, that is, that the connection is closer to wincing when you feel pain, than it is to telling someone "it's raining" when it rains.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 10:46 am
guys...for those who suggested the mirror example.

I don't live with her lol. And I don't go with her in a shower and I don't visit her house every day lol. So in other words I dont always have access to her mirror! I wanna tell her those words right away eventually..but I want to "put her in the mood" you know...not just like "slam!" i love you! ... just like foreplay in sex Razz I just want to put her in the mood at LEAST..and if I have a chance to say those words in a way SHE would find out or she would read them somewhere..it would really add a cherry on top of the ice cream if you know what I mean. The thing about a "nice date with roses" is very usual and traditional and expected. Whereas girls look for what's unexpected, unusual and creative.
I like your ideas already..but let's brainstorm some more what do you think?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 10:48 am
When you see her, say "you know how I feel about you?"

Then remove your shirt. Proceed to punch yourself in the nose, then draw the words "I love you" on your chest with the blood.

Gets 'em every time.
0 Replies

mystery girl

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 10:53 am
Personally, my favorite way to be told I love you for the first time is in person, no "tricks" or fancy plays. Just pure emotion and trust.

And for the record, don't be discouraged if for some reason she doesn't say it back. In my last experience, I knew I would love him, maybe did, but I wasn't ready to say it. Plus, I just wanted to enjoy his saying it to me and letting that roll around in my thoughts awhile. I kissed him that night in response to his saying it, and said it a week later, when it felt right to me.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 10:58 am
Take her to a Chinese Restaurant. Have a special fortune cookie made up- instead of the usual fortune, have it say "I love you".

Take her on a horse-drawn carriage ride on a cool night, and halfway into the ride tell her you love her.

Write her a poem, in which the first letter of each verse consecutively spells out her name and I Love You. Make these letters extra large or a different color so she'll notice.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 01:19 pm
I liked the poem idea and horseback riding.

I dont think im really going to try the 'punch nose' method with blood on the chest..i'll keep that as a last choice.

What if she says no? or she doesn't reply at all?

If she doesn't say anything, im ready to give her time.

WHAT IF SHE SAYS SHE DOESNT FEEL ANYTHING TOWARDS ME?

im going to be in deep ****. thats it

May God Be With Me Amen
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 01:42 pm
So, you've been dating her a few months and you're ready to go that next step, get a bit more serious?

If you want to take your time and lead up to the "I love you" how about, at the end of a date, you either say or give her a note saying something sweet?

next date, at the end of the date, tell her you
"Really enjoy her company"

the date after that, you
"Have a fantastic time with her"

then
"I REALLY like you"

then
"Count the minutes to our next date, so I can be with you"

finally tell her
"So this is what it feels like"
when she asks "what", you respond "to fall in love"

From one date to the next she will be wondering what you will end the night saying to her. Believe me, in a womans head, she is fantasising about the next date and when you are eventually going to get to saying "I love you". The build-up will be very romantic for her, and suspecting what is coming, she will be more likely to have something ready to say back to you when it does happen.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 07:28 pm
I sure do like what Heeven had say about it.

When I think back to first "I love you" moments, the best were casual and spontaneous. Nothing I couldn't handle, bc the situation was such that I already had the feeling inside that this person cared a whole lot.

One of my favorite memories: Sitting at breakfast at the diner in the early hours. I wanted to taste his waffles with fruit on it, so he pushed his plate towards me. As I was grabbing some and making a joke about how much I eat and how he better watch out, he leaned in really close and said simply "I love you". My mouth was full of food, so I had time to digest it. Laughing

The best part was that it was an ordinary moment, but extraordinary in feeling and intimacy.

Timing and connection is important. The other stuff just a bonus.

Interested to hear how it goes. Razz
0 Replies