2

How to treat Hemorrhoids - burning sensation

snehz

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 02:36 pm
Hi All,

I am suffering from Hemorrhoids for the past 2 years now and my condition has only worsen. Nowadays I am following a good diet and taking Fiber Supplement and Colace almost 3-4 times a day. I also use Preparation H with Applicator at night, in the morning and after bowel movements.

Normally in my case, when I start feeling better, I dont have problem for like around 15 days, but if something goes wrong in my diet and I again have the problem for one day, it persits for around a week and slowly goes off. In short, when it comes it remains for like a week Sad.

I think the biggest problem in my case is not during the bowel movement in the morning but the discomforat and specially the burning sensation that lasts almost for the whole day (for like a week Sad ). I also sometimes have a read bad pricking sensation while making bowel movement. Its like a ping pricking you. Did anyone have such a problem Question how to tackle this one Question

I am running out of all the solutions right now. I am not sure what I should do to cure myself. When I go to the doctor and they check up, they say they cant see much (i guess in my case the hemorrhoids come and go and cant be seen always )and ask me to just increase my intake of fiber...

Can someone please help me in figuring out how to cure the burning sensation specially and how to get rid of hemorrhoids Question Is there someone who had this problem for like an year or more continuously and who finally got cured Question Can you please guide me...I would really really appreciate it.

Also, are there any specific exercises that I should follow to soothe or get rid of hemorrhoids Question

Hope to get some great feedback soon. Rolling Eyes

Thanks so much.

Takecare,
Snehz
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 22,320 • Replies: 13

Noddy24

1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 03:48 pm
Snehz--

Welcome to A2K.

I have no short term solutions, but long-range, if you are at all overweight, you'll find that your discomfort will decrease as the pounds peel off.
eoe

1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 05:17 pm
First of all, never strain. Keep your bowels soft with whatever your body needs to allow that, fruit, prune juice, etc. (I'm sure you know). Stay away from the spicy stuff when an outbreak occurs.

Wear loose clothing. Nothing too fitting that will irritate. And please, if you're a woman, don't try to wear thong panties. To hell with those.

I never used the Prep H applicator. I've always used the suppositories. Perhaps a change might be in order. Couldn't hurt, right?

Outbreaks are rare for me these days and it's because whenever I feel even the slightest discomfort, I run for the Prep H and take it real easy with the diet and everything until I'm feeling better. And never ever strain.

hamburger

1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 05:32 pm
banding
welcome sufferer ! had a similar problem some years ago. hemorrhoids can often be gotten rid of by...BANDING...(click on the link for explanation).
this is a simple and painless procedure that won't take more than about 15 minutes; mine were fixed at the outpatient clinic. i've not had a single re-occurence (wish i would have gone earlier). i still make sure i eat plenty of bran, fruits and vegetables; i also usually drink some "apollinaris" mineral water to stay regular.
i certainly sympathize with you. hope you'll be able to get help quickly ! hbg

ps. there was no "surgery" involved; no blood was spilled and i was able to drive home after a short rest.

hamburger

1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 05:40 pm
banding
hello again ! here is an article from the...MAYO CLINIC...dealing with this ailment; hope you'll find the info you are looking for.
btw. i find the mayo clinic site an excellent reference site for all kinds of medical questions. hbg

"***ook under "treatment'

snehz

1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:50 pm
Hi Eoe,

I never tried suppositories till date. Are they easy to insert. I find it difficult to insert Prep H applicator most of the times as the way is blocked by hemorrhoids. How do u tackle this scenario. Are suppositories easy to insert as compared to applicator.

Also, if someone can please guide me in what is the best position while inserting it, how to position the suppositories or applicator (which angle to my body etc), that will help immensely. I am sorry, I am asking lots of questions, but I am quite clueless here Sad

Please guide me in this regard. Hope to hear soon.

hamburger

1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:56 pm
snehz : you surely should discuss this with your physician. if you don't get it treated properly, you could really be in a lot of pain - and perhaps be looking forward to a very nasty operation - in the not so distant future. the healing process for an operation can be quite lengthy - and the operation quite painful. hbg

eoe

1  
Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 11:02 pm
snehz wrote:

Each box comes with explicit instructions.

houzer911

1  
Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 01:48 pm
acually, the operation may be a good solution for u...its approx 2 weeks recovery time and the chance of you having to deal with hemorrhoids ever again is very very slim. You dont even have to stay overnight at the hospital, same day surgery. That plus, they make the pain very tolerable nowadays.

I would definatly suggest you go check on it. I know a friend who got it done, she highly suggests it to everyone who is suffering from this.

Just gotta ask yourself if you would rather go through a week or so of pain, or every week of pain, and dreading the next time you have to go to the bathroom.

Chai

1  
Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 04:06 pm
snehz

do you find it hard typing with one hand? Rolling Eyes

(search snehz other posts, has an intense interest in butts and inserting things into them, as well as curiostiy as to what a doctor "does" to you during an exam)

eoe

1  
Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 04:16 pm
Thanks Chai. That's pretty much what I figured...

hamburger

1  
Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 04:27 pm
thanks for tipping us of, chai ! i was just getting the slightest bit suspicious - but thought a real sufferer might appreciate some advice. hbg

snehz

1  
Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 11:52 am
Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Hi China Tea,

I am sorry. I am not sure why you got me wrong. Sad I was geniunely asking everyone all the questions on this group because I have been suffering a lot from hemorrhoids recently and my doctor was still pretty cool with it....that is the reason why most of my posts are realted to butt and inserting into it Sad

Hi Eoe and Hamburger,

Thanks a lot for your advice and please dont get me wrong.

I wont post such questions or ask anything more now before you all start hating me Sad

ysae

1  
Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2013 04:17 pm
@Noddy24,
I saw something about Rutin so just type in how to get rid of hemorrhoids and it will telly a whole lot about what to take but the thing that sugested is verry expensive