Men: Why Do You Oppose a Woman's Right to Abortion?

Atkins

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 03:13 pm
More men than women are involved in the so-called right to life movement? Why?

Baldimo

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 03:38 pm
It takes two to tango and men aren't given a choice when it comes to the life of the baby but when the women keeps the baby a man isn't given the choice on whether he has to pay or not.

If the woman knows who the father is then he should be given the choice on whether he wants the opportunity to raise the child. That choice isn't given and the baby is part of the man as well. Shouldn't they have the chance to raise the child?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 03:47 pm
the first and probably last time I'll ever agree with baldimo on anything.

I feel a little queasy. Laughing
Atkins

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 03:55 pm
Did this hypothetical man wear a condom, baldino?

How many men fail to support their children?

Finally, if the man wants to support a child that was created because he hates condoms, shouldn't he agree to carry it for nine months?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 04:04 pm
Atkins wrote:
Did this hypothetical man wear a condom, baldino?

How many men fail to support their children?

Finally, if the man wants to support a child that was created because he hates condoms, shouldn't he agree to carry it for nine months?

Did the hypothetical woman check him for a condom before she opened her legs?

How many men get a chance to have custody of their children instead of being expected to supply endless amounts of support while seeing them every other wekend and the occasional holiday?

The last question, being a biological impossibility, is just silly.

Jesus Christ I've come to Baldimos defense. Someone shoot me.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 04:08 pm
I support the right to choose but feel it should be a decision made by both parents. If one doesn't want to terminate the pregnancy, then that right to life should prevail over the abortion.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 04:17 pm
Given the fact that the woman has the physical consequences the only fair policy is the exact opposite of what cjhsa is suggesting.

The pregnancy should be terminated if either the father or the mother request it.

That gives the right to choose for both parents.

Is there any other policy that respects the rights of both the father and the mother equally?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 04:23 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Is there any other policy that respects the rights of both the father and the mother equally?

IMO, there isn't and never will be a 100% equeally fair solution between the sexes on this issue. We all have to learn to do the best we can with imperfect solutions.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 07:21 pm
BVT: Jesus Christ I've come to Baldimos defense. Someone shoot me.

Don't worry, I'll start a support group for you.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:14 pm
Re: Men: Why Do You Oppose a Woman's Right to Abortion?
Atkins wrote:

c-o-n-t-r-o-l
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:28 pm
Chrissee wrote:
Atkins wrote:

c-o-n-t-r-o-l

Have you been ready the NOW website again? You should really read what we wrote and comment on that instead of some man hating partisan group. You should read a book by a former LA Chapter NOW leader who talks about the new NOW and how it isn't about women any more. It is about control all right but not for women's issues but more so for just plain power.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:37 pm
Baldimo wrote:

You should <snip>

You should <snip>

It is about control all right but not for women's issues but more so for just plain power.

You sure know how to make something look like a control issue, Baldimo.

I rarely agree with Chrissee, but you've definitely made her argument here.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:47 pm
Should I rephrase it to a request or even a suggestion?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:51 pm
So, abortion is a right. You are all answering based on this premise. Where is it written that it is a right to terminate a life? Have you considered that it may be that more men are opposed to taking a life (yes, it is a life) than women?

I rarely agree with Baldimo or Chrissee and I do not do so now.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:26 pm
Quote:

Because we don't get pregnant that's why. And also:

tick all that apply:

1. I own the kid
2. My manhood is being traduced
3. I want a son
4. I want a daughter
5. I want twins
6. She has to go through childbirth not me.
7. My religion tells me to do this
8 I am only doing what the voices in my head have told me to do.
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 08:19 am
We should remember that many men still control every aspect of their partnerships with women.

What is the right to life to you, cjhsa? Why is life so important to you?

I think you, ebrown, have the most clear sighted viewpoint. I think you, fishin', are right as well when you say there is no fair way in matters like this.

I think baldimo is hysterical. I do not mean hysterical ha-ha, but hysterically red-faced and screaming. Why are you so angry? How high is your blood pressure?
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 08:25 am
Baldimo and blueveined both express concern for the father. I think they should look up information on which parent is more likely to kidnap a child and which parent is more likely to abuse a child. I think they should also think about how much effort is made by agencies and the courts to force fathers to pay child support.

I am a widower. My wife was diagnosed with cancer when our son was 10. She died when he was 15.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 08:53 am
Atkins wrote:
Baldimo and blueveined both express concern for the father. I think they should look up information on which parent is more likely to kidnap a child and which parent is more likely to abuse a child. I think they should also think about how much effort is made by agencies and the courts to force fathers to pay child support.

I am a widower. My wife was diagnosed with cancer when our son was 10. She died when he was 15.

I think you should stop generalizing. I have five children. I've paid my support on two, raised one pretty much alone, and was required to and did pay huge amounts of child support on two of them during a separation. I continue to support three of them today and one is handicapped and I will always take care of him. It's my pleasure to do so.

Sorry about your wife but that has no bearing on the discussion period, so off your high horse what say? I'd say you're the one a bit hysterical good buddy.

I'm not anti abortion by any means, and I suppose if the only choice is pro life or pro choice I'm definitely pro choice, but don't fool yourself that men are not entitled to an opinion. It takes a sperm and an egg to make a baby and if there's not rape involved then you rolls the dice and you takes your chances baby.

If you want to reduce the man to merely a sire, the better be prepared to reduce the woman to a sow. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 09:14 am
Atkins wrote:
I think baldimo is hysterical. I do not mean hysterical ha-ha, but hysterically red-faced and screaming. Why are you so angry? How high is your blood pressure?

Are you being serious? Laughing

You should get out more.

Atkins wrote:

Please explain the relevance of these statements.
0 Replies

Atkins

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 09:48 am
I now understand your name, blue. What triggered this unnecessary and unreasonable anger?

Me, hysterical?

I feel no one has a right to have a child. I believe in a sensible policy called Zero Population Growth.

You make a case for the choice of the father. Should there be any choice for two high school kids but an abortion? What about men who abandon their children?
0 Replies