If I want to become an actress.. how do i become an actress?

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 09:46 am
Whoa, this came outta no where.

Do you think any of these kids took one look at how many others just HAVE to be actors and want to soooooooo much and realized that thousands try but only a few actually make it? Question Confused

Nah. I think they probably just got bored.
0 Replies

rubab

Reply Fri 10 Apr, 2009 12:27 pm
@wrong4love2005,
I wanna be a recognized for the star I know I am!
I have always had the dream to be on stage, in front of people, preforming . I have been preforming for my family since I was very young . I am an only child and I am from St. Albans Vermont. I am a 14 year old brown eyed, brown curly (usually straightned) haired girl, I'm 5'3 and i have big dreams! If someone out there would just give me the chance I would be the happiest person in the world! I need to be in the acting world, it is one of my many dreams, I am very excited and I am waiting for a reply!
0 Replies

rubab

@wrong4love2005,
have always had the dream to be on stage, in front of people, preforming . I have been preforming for my family since I was very young . I am an only child and I am from St. Albans Vermont. I am a 14 year old brown eyed, brown curly (usually straightned) haired girl, I'm 5'3 and i have big dreams! If someone out there would just give me the chance I would be the happiest person in the world! I need to be in the acting world, it is one of my many dreams, I am very excited and I am waiting for a reply
0 Replies

rubab

@wrong4love2005,
wanna be a recognized for the star I know I am!
I have always had the dream to be on stage, in front of people, preforming . I have been preforming for my family since I was very young . I am an only child and I am from St. Albans Vermont. I am a 14 year old brown eyed, brown curly (usually straightned) haired girl, I'm 5'3 and i have big dreams! If someone out there would just give me the chance I would be the happiest person in the world! I need to be in the acting world, it is one of my many dreams, I am very excited and I am waiting for a reply
0 Replies

kezzzzzzzzz

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 10:32 am
@helplessteen,
hey for starters you need talent and dont think to your self oh look that person amazing im not that good because everyone acts in different way because of different training ,think through everything there is about acting and the industry surrounding it theres more than jus tv seires theres film ,theatre all sorts you need to decided where and what kind of acting you want to do then if you are positive its for you , go to acting schools and , youth theatre groups anything you can do to do with acting will be great help then once you leave school or college or uni you will need to create a resume this will contain a head shot and you skills you can find templates and how to's on the internet then you need to get a agent you need to make sure they are legit if they ask for money up frount its probly a scam so be careful , then your agent will help find you the right sort of auditions you can ask your agent to help find certain roles you would prefer to play , i would start off small like as an extra or a few speaking line then work your way up , acting is a very difficult industry if you want it for the fame forget it , we work very hard for what we do and you might want a backup plan just incase it doesnt work out , actors and actresses cant take thereselves to seriously as you will be judged in this industry good luck in everything you do an you never know we may work together some day Smile
0 Replies

3dfan

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 08:55 am
If your dream is serious it is not so hard to start - try to enter some courses or university for actors - without theory you won't manage to become a good actress
0 Replies

bwaybaby

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 10:12 pm
this is a joke. im young i dont wanna say what age because im on the imternet, but im about the same age as you girls who dream big. i go into the city( i live two hours away) as in new york city every sunday, where i work with an acting coach, take classes at bdc. at home i have ballet four times a week with endless rehersals for theatre productions, and singing lessons. i want this more than anything else but it pisses me off when i hear amatuers like you who think they can just be an famous actress. you have to work. im young and i work my ass of for what i want, with the help of my parents, so buck up, if you plan to come to the big apple theres competition. talent helps also.
p.s you only get an agent if they think you can work, they make money off you working.
bwaybaby

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 10:17 pm
@wrong4love2005,
im young, like you i dont wanna say what age because im on the imternet, but im about the same age as you girls who dream big. i go into the city( i live two hours away) as in new york city every sunday, where i work with an acting coach, take classes at bdc. at home i have ballet four times a week with endless rehersals for theatre productions, and singing lessons. i want this more than anything else but it pisses me off when i hear amatuers like you who think they can just be an famous actress. you have to work. im young and i work my ass of for what i want, with the help of my parents, so buck up, if you plan to come to the big apple theres competition. talent helps also.
p.s you only get an agent if they think you can work, they make money off you working.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 10:23 pm
@bwaybaby,
Quote:
i want this more than anything else but it pisses me off when i hear amatuers like you who think they can just be an famous actress. you have to work. im young and i work my ass of for what i want

Paris Hilton, Nichole Richie, the Kardashians, the Osborn kids, the Hogan kids, about 1000 other "reality tv" stars.....

Work is optional, this is AMERICA damn-it!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 10:30 pm
@helplessteen,

Google actors' groups, theater groups or studies,
acting classes and groups of actors.

Maybe u can find some on-line message boards or blogs
concerning acting where it is discussed; try it.

David
0 Replies

bwaybaby

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2009 09:10 am
@hawkeye10,
yeah, your right but they had two steps in the door. I dont expect these kids have any connections, if they've just decided they want to be an actress.if you have no connections, you gotta work hard, because hopefully your talent and drive will get you noticed.
0 Replies

rubey12

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 08:57 pm
@bwaybaby,
i really think you shouldnt use words like that but i understand what you mean but some of these people dont have oppurtunities like because they live in small towns not some giant city and if you worked your butt off wouldnt you already have been i a little time acting thing besides something called lessons
0 Replies

cherryblossomeatspie

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 03:44 am
I as a 10n year old girl living in granville sydney australia have never taken acting classes but have a natural talent for acting it is my dream and i live for acting all my idols act and i hope someday i can too this isnt just a phase i will go through i know but i am absoluteley desperate for a part in any play movie commercial anything that will show my talent to the world so if you have read this and think you have a place for me please.....open your heart for the little girl who dreamed! =(

if you have a place for me my e-mail is [email protected] and if you can pleeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee doooooo i need to go now =(
0 Replies

lashoriie

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 05:20 pm
@helplessteen,
I wish that someone so special help me to be an actress and to make my dreams come ture like I always wanted since I was just a little girl??
0 Replies

lashoriie

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 05:24 pm
@helplessteen,
I want to be an actress to I don't know how to make that dream come true I just want someone to help me find my way to make my dreams come true .
0 Replies

kehkasha

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 03:35 am
@mac11,
i hav full expirence for acting n i want to became an actress now.......
0 Replies

April14

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 09:05 am
@Valpower,
Acting classes will help that's what people told me so give it a try and see.
0 Replies

Creative Coach

Reply Thu 18 Jul, 2013 02:44 pm
Here is a short test that will help gauge how serious you are about being an actor.
The Actor Test - answer the following questions:

What kind of actor do you want to be, and why?
Name three directors you'd like to work with, and why?
Name three actors you admire, and why?
What key do you sing in?
Can you do an age appropriate monologue right now?
What plays have you been in? (school plays are fine)
Name two famous acting teachers and their methods

Does answering these questions guarantee you will be an actor? No, of course not. But if you can't answer these questions, I would doubt your desire to act. Why? Because most of the actors who make a career of acting can answer the questions. This test is more about your love of the acting business than your dreams. Remember - dreams are a great beginning, but you must work to make them a reality.
0 Replies

maxdillon943

Reply Mon 22 Jul, 2013 11:50 pm
start taking acting classes and doing theaters...it will teach you a lot about acting
0 Replies

eldee

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 06:27 am
@JessesGirl,
hello
here is my email for those that are interested to be come to actor. am a producer also a diretor in nigeria you can email me now
thank you
0 Replies