How do I get my son, an experienced child actor, to get noticed internationally?

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2017 04:32 am
Hi guys,

I have a son, 10 yo this month, who's been in filming and theatre for the past 4 years. Over 35 projects under his belt, 11 lead roles in major national TV TV commercials, several child leads in TV movies, bunch of photoshoots, two recurring theatrical roles in major theatres etc.

Now, we're from Ukraine, that's just outside the EU for those with lesser geographical knowledge))) And the filming/acting market here, especially for kids, is rather small and pays peanuts. With that many projects completed, in the US he'd already have enough money for college (at least))) Here, though, the acting fees are a joke.

We'd like to have him noticed internationally, but global agencies don't look outside the EU. He's got a public FB page, an Insta account, a YouTube channel to show off his works in TVCs and film. Still doesn't help much in terms of being noticed outside of Ukraine.

So how do we get him noticed by international agents? There aren't too many kids with this kind of experience and he can easily survive grueling 15-18 hour shoots (he's even done some stuntwork for a movie). So it'd be a pity to just waste the talent on a weak local market. Thanks for tips!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,173 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2017 06:38 am
@WhiteTiger34,
Well, I think your best bets are either to contact agents directly or to leave Ukraine.

Could you possibly visit the US for an extended period of time? It's a pity the summer is ending, because summer would probably be ideal. See if you can school him yourself for a few months to visit the US and by that I specifically mean Los Angeles. Bring every bit of footage you've got of him, and updated resumes and headshots.

This is not going to be a cheap vacation by any stretch of the imagination. He might not get anything at all. It could be very, very frustrating. But I think it's more likely he can get some notice when he is right under someone's nose than thousands of miles away.
0 Replies