How do I get theatre/ film auditions as a young person living outside a city in the UK?

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 06:42 am
I'm still in full time education but I would like to see if I can get a part in some kind of show or film as experience before I apply for drama schools. My problem is that I don't know how to get auditions. I don't have an agent, I live outside cities in the UK and I don't really have any current contacts in theatres or film anywhere nearby. All the ones I have found near me are musicals, which aren't really my forté. Does anyone have any advice on how to get auditions? Many thanks for reading this.

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 07:26 am
@ActingDream17,
You will probably have to cut your teeth on musicals whether they're your forte or not. As you have seen, they are a lot more common than pretty much any other thing to do if you want to be an actor.

Another option is Shakespeare if there's any place near you which is doing dramatic legitimate theater. Yet another option is comedy troupes.

As a full-time student, though, your chances are slim. Not zero, but slim.

In order to improve your chances not just for these kinds of roles but for future roles, consider taking classes. Dancing, singing, public speaking - any of those could really help you.
ActingDream17

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 07:34 am
@jespah,
Thank you very much for your advice!
jespah

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 07:57 am
@ActingDream17,
Go knock 'em dead! Very Happy
0 Replies