If I want to become an actress.. how do i become an actress?

Chai

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:21 pm
Here's a few ideas...

On becoming an actress...
0 Replies

blindsided

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 12:33 pm
drama classes.. lol
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 12:17 am
Re: If I want to become an actress.. how do i become an actr
helplessteen wrote:
I want to become an actress soooo bad!!! I just don't know how! Since i was just a little girl I've had dreams of becoming one... I did Saturday Night Live Shows(to my parents & friends)
and it justs BUGS ME TO DEATH!!! ahhhh! How do I become an actress?? Who do I call?

Become a trial lawyer first. Join a theater group part time. Practice your acting in court. Move to a major city, audition for parts. If you fail to get any work, you can always keep practicing law. I joined a theater group and landed a part in a movie in six months. But the movie never wenanywhere, despite my riveting performance and that was the end of my career, for awhile at least. I never auditioned for a single part. Joining the unions might help too. AFTRA etc

OTOH if you are prepared to starve to death and really know you have what it takes....

... get involved in the drama club at school.Go to the library, check out all the books on how to get and do auditions. Watch DVDs of classic plays (but don't attempt Shakespeare) maybe something like Streetcar Named Desire, get the script, learn the part of Blanche Dubois or whatever. Get a monologue book, practice monologues, video tape yourself, (DO NOT PRACTICE IN A MIRROR)
learn to play at least one musical instrument and sing, do open mikes using your theatric abilities, devote every ounce of your energy to learning the craft. Dedicate yourslef to the theater, of you want to be an actor. If you want to be a movie star, well, that is a different story, probably have to do the old casting couch thing.

BTW serious actresses call themselves actors even if they are female.
0 Replies

datygal

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2008 05:23 pm
I want to become an actor/ess!
I have a HUGE passion for cinema of every kind, I study film at college and am completely emersed in the culture. Although I have all of this I don't have the one thing i want the most, CONFIDENCE, to become an actor! In the past I have taken part in various drama groups and been selected for talent groups, though somewhere between 13 and 17 my confidence left and I feel that I am going to be confined to watching others do what it is I want to.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Has anyone got any words of wisdom?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 04:22 pm
Datygal--

Welcome to A2K.

This is an old thread. You might get more responses starting a new thread.
0 Replies

bbyblue

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 04:19 am
i want to be an actress
i REALLY want to become an actress, ive had his dream since i was 3 and my mum hasn't got the money to put me to acting school. where do i begin?
0 Replies

CoriCori

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 11:59 am
I'd start with theater...
0 Replies

bbyblue

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 09:50 am
i do go to a theatre group but..... AAARRGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is really pullin my nearves now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:03 am
bbyblue--

Look, no one starts at the top. If you treat your theatre group with disdain, don't expect references or referrals from anyone there.

Actors should be dramatic on stage, not off stage.
0 Replies

BeccaWarner

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 05:07 pm
It's been my dream to become an actress
I've always wanted to acted snice i was 8 years old and i am now 14 years old. I've been in theatre for 2 years now and went to drama camps since i was 10. I want to become an actress really badly my Dream is to work along side my Favorite actor Johnny Depp and my Favorite Director Tim Burton. But until then i need to star in other things to get noticed but i don't know how to because i live in a small town in Texas. I want to start off on Disney channel and work my way up or star in minor roles in movies but don't know how i need help.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 06:10 pm
First of all, Disney is satan. Stay away from those clowns or you'll never be taken seriously. Second, run away from home at the age of sixteen and move to Los Angeles. Start writing screenplays, going to auditions and acting classes, and above all, network. Talk to people, learn how the game is played. Hang out at the Viper Room (Johnny Depp owns it) and when the day finally comes that you meet Johnny, have a conversation all ready so you don't f*ck up your one chance to make your dream a reality. Figure out what Johnny would want to hear and tell him exactly that. Then hope like hell that is enough. If it doesn't work, I am willing to bet you'll survive and go on, so screw it, take a chance; leap my friend, and live, live LIVE!
0 Replies

BeccaWarner

Reply Sun 11 May, 2008 07:00 pm
I always do say i want to be the next Johnny Depp except the girl version.and that sounds like what Johnny did and i thought the viper room was closed down because of the drug incident and i know that disney channel actors can never be taken seriously like when i see those disney actors in movies i just kind of laugh so i will stay away from that but i need to stay in school unless i get an acting job.But i will take that leap and take a chance because i will never get anywhere if i take it slow and becareful so your right but for now i need to stay in school so do you know any other way
0 Replies

Lillylollypop52

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 03:37 pm
@mac11,
I want to become an actress so much it's my only dream. I'll do just about anything. =] i wanted to be in a play at school but you HAD to sing! (i can;t sing!)

Ragman

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 04:11 pm
@Lillylollypop52,
Did you read this thread? There's lots of info here that you are asking about.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 04:17 pm
@Lillylollypop52,
Take lessons - acting and singing...but mainly do whatever you can to be in the play - even if it is not the leading role...lights, backstage work - whatever. It will give you a good working understanding of what is required. You will also meet people that will tell you where you can get plugged in locally - community theater, etc. You then will know whether you want to take it a step further or not. Don't let not being perfect for the lead role keep you from trying to be a part of the play itself.

I had great fun working the lighting and doing stage art design on weekends. Learned a lot, laughed a lot...and got my foot in the door for the next play that came up. Surely they are not all musicals! Every failure is knowledge gained for the next try. Don't be discouraged!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 04:18 pm
@gustavratzenhofer,
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

helplessteen wrote:
I want to become an actress soooo bad!!!

I'm curious about something. Does your boyfriend, by any chance, want to learn to fly?

this line deserved way more attention than it got

farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 04:53 pm
@djjd62,
When I was an actress, I focused on parts for more hirsute women like Gina Lollabridgeda, or Anna Magnamani.

I have a huge single eyebrow that covers my entire forehead like a big hairy porch.
Lightwizard

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 07:26 pm
@farmerman,
We're you a flying actress?
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 11:15 pm
@Lightwizard,
no but all my jeans made my ass look big so I hadda give it up cause I was getting typecast as a Buick
Lightwizard

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 09:36 am
@farmerman,
Yes, that could make the papers -- you might be given away to Tiger Woods for winning a tournament. I'm sure it will be a really nice garage. Well, and facing extinction.
0 Replies