Apple Vinegar Cider diet

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 12:46 pm
Have you guys heard of this? I've heard through the years that this is a remedy many swear by for arthritis, DIETING (raises metabolism, helps with digestion), to lower blood pressure, and to prevent you from getting sick.

mixed with water and/or honey ...taken daily.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 21,954 • Replies: 50
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 12:55 pm
I have heard of this..
I know where it is too..

I willhunt down the site I was reading on it.
I will post it here in a minute when i find it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 12:56 pm
http://www.healthandfitnessforums.com/apple.html

http://www.weight-loss-diet-i.com/apple-cider-vinegar-diet.htm
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 01:04 pm
haha. those were the first 2 sites i saw on google when I did a search (after i heard about it). Wink
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 01:10 pm
Me too!!
but those were the ones I was reading on. it sounds safe. effective??? hmm... alsmot any diet is effective. so long as you stick with it. But not many are healthy enough to do that with.
I am wondering if this one is>?

What else have you read about it?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 01:17 pm
I read in a lot of forums people lost 40+ pounds and as soon as they stopped drinking it ...they started to gain it back (didn't change their diets).

I've read many articles saying it doesn't work (just medical ones not from personal experience), but I can't name a "fad diet" that doesn't have an equal amount of negative words.

I just read you're supposed to sip it. I just took 1 tablespoon with 5 tablespoon of water mixed. woah.. what a rush. this was 2 hrs ago, and i can tell it boosted my metabolism. I think you'll know what i mean after doing it too.

I'll do it and stick to it and report back. I also don't plan on changing my diet. I already eat healthy. Just need to lose a little before the wedding. no christmas goodies despite the batches of cranberry biscotti in the oven!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 01:19 pm
A lot of testimonies of grandfathers who told them about it ...and them living well into their late 90's, etc...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 01:24 pm
reallllllllllllly?

Hmm... ok.
Deal:
I will do it too. I will go buy some tonight and post back here when Iget it.
Lets keep tabs and see how well it works for us.
?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 01:27 pm
I remember seeing Apple Cider Snake Oil debunked 50 years ago.

Still....if you truly believe....a placebo is a placebo.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 01:27 pm
Oh, I would love that!!! I will be gone 24-25, but back on the 26th. Then I will be in and out until the 5th of Jan. 5th is when I move into my new place. Fair warning. Smile

Don't forget to plug your nose and drink it every day. I put it on my kitchen counter, so I don't forget.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 01:29 pm
If anything, it could help with the arthritis I can tell I'm plagued with... not to mention a few other things.

Apple Vinegar Cider diet can also be used to successfully fight the following conditions.

Arthritis
Asthma
Blood loss
Colitis
Coughs
Diarrhea
Dizziness
Ear Discharge
Eczema
Tired and sore eyes
Fatigue
Food poisoning
Hair loss
Hayfever
Headache
Hearing
Heartburn
Hemorrhages
Hiccups
High blood pressure
Insomnia
Kidneys and bladder

http://diet-plans.featherish.com/apple-vinegar-cider-diet.html
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 01:53 pm
wow. that is a LONG list.

hmm.. I think i will drink it just for that.

Where did you see that info Noddy?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 02:36 pm
Nearly 50 years ago I was resident faculty in an exclusive girls prep school. The Apple Cider Diet--to cure all the ills of men and women--became a school fad. The English department assigned research papers on the subject.

If you must do something with apples, what about eating an apple a day-- vitamins and fiber and minimum acid.

I just Googled quickly "Fad Diets: Apple Cider Vinegar and found:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-04,GGLD:en&q=Fad+diet%3A++Apple+cider+vinegar
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:41 pm
They also sell Apple Cider Vinegar capsules -- take one with water, a half-hour before each meal. If it reminds you to stick to a healthy diet, what's the harm?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:58 pm
Wy--

What's the harm? Only the expense.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 10:00 pm
Indeed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:21 pm
Yawn, my mother followed this, in the early fifties. Luckily for me, she didn't make me sip vinegar.

(Thanks, anyway, I'll just go get a glass of wine..)
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 10:29 am
Ate my normal pop belly amount of Christmas goodies and came home today to see that I've lost 2lbs! Woohoo!!! We did nothing in those 2 days too except for sit around and watch movies and nap. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 12:19 pm
Well, to me the harm is if people with the conditions named above use the vinegar diet instead of seeing a physician about their high blood pressure, etc.

Plus the usually more subtle harm that comes from a lifetime of fad diets followed sometime later by weight gain; that isn't supposed to be good for the heart. People are better off changing eating habits in a way that lasts for a long time, a lifetime, and surplanting the gimmicks with exercise.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 12:48 pm
I definitely agree with all of the above said. Smile

On the flip side though, there are people who can make long-term lifestyle changes through their fad diet "headstart." Most people go back to their old habits. I'm a fighter!!

We'll see. Wink

I've always been a Southbeach advocate (not for me; for others) and not an Adkins for the reasons ossobuco stated. SB is a healthy longterm lifestyle change whereas... (you get the example)
0 Replies