Apple Vinegar Cider diet

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 12:51 pm
BTW, my mom made a note that the vinegar should be horribly chugged down "before" your system has had anything to eat that day.

We watched "Super Size Me" over Christmas (eats McDonald's only for 30 days), and I laughed because afterwards he was put on a detox diet. Vinegar+water is used for exactly that. I do wonder if this is coming through my pores despite it being such a little amount. *sniff, sniff*

Well, I could always blame it on the kimchi I eat almost daily. haha
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 01:17 pm
Shocked

you smell like vingear?
Laughing

I want to see the supier size movie..
I dont eat fast foods. I never have. I cant imagine what that poor man's body went through. I have heard alot about it. Pretty scary stuff.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 09:10 am
well, my skin is noticeably clearing up. I have mixed up today's drink, but I haven't gotten it down yet. It's such a little amount, but... man!!

I have designated a cup for my morning drinks because if you try having a drink of something else later in the cup that "had" vinegar ...it doesn't taste too hot. Very Happy
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 07:21 am
I am down another .5lb. This thread would have been great if I was already settled in my new house (not til Jan 5th), and I could take a digital picture of my progress (me on scale). Would be so much fun for me to do. However, my crappy camera is already disconnected and waiting for me at the new house.

Foodlog:
smoothie for breakfast
wheat muffin around lunch time
carrots
baked chicken (one portion size)
gallon of water
an entire large bag of Doritos (my mom would kill me if she knew I licked my fingers too). Laughing That's not exactly healthy, but I got a little carried away watching movies yesterday. They were my form of popcorn. hehe
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 09:59 am
MMMMMMMM popcorn.

I just watched that super size me movie.
OH MY GOD. I cant believe someone would actually eat McDonalds EVERY DAY. .. AND SURVIVE.
I am lucky I guess.. fast food.. it never did it for me. I have made my rounds, I have eaten at fast food restaurants but never as a big part of my diet. I think it just tastes awful. It coats you rmouth with slime, salty as hell and there is no flavor to the lettuce, tomatos or waht ever else is on that burger. I think the last time I ate fast food was when I was pregnant over a year ago. I wanted some ice cream so hubby and I went to burger king and got small shakes and I had a hamburger. I remember it didnt taste like meat. It didnt taste like BREAD.. haha. It was a diffrent flavor all together. It wasnt horrid.. but just not a favored flavor in my book.
Now taco bell... hmmmm... I DO like thier bean burritos with extra cheese. :-) Though, beans and a tortilla dont contain nearly the amount of fat/calories that a burger does, it is still more then my body needs.
After watching that my hubby is going to stop drinking soda. hahah. He usually drinks about 3 a day. Not HUGE ones, regular size ones, but neither he nor I thought about how much sugar that was until they showed how much there was at the end of the movie. Shocked
It was a good movie. I would say everyone should see it.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 01:15 pm
Hello, I'm new to A2K and consider myself a pretty healthy eater. I tend to follow a SB type diet of whole grains, friuts & veggies, and lean proteins. This week however my diet includes a significant number of Christmas cookies. I also take a few supplements daily. A broad spectrum multi, glucosamine/chondroitin for my horrible knees, some flax oil or fish oil caps for omega 3s and two apple cider vinegar tables. I don't know how much effect they have but I take them anyway. I've also read that sipping green tea and using rosemary in cooking will boost metabolism as well.

I hope to get to know you folks better.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 09:47 pm
You will, you will, you'll be sick of us soon...

(kidding)

welcome to a2k, J_B.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 08:55 pm
shewolfnm, didn't you love the shot of his actual vomit? I couldn't believed they showed it (as I sat and laughed hysterically). I found some of it interesting (gtk stuff), and honestly ...I needed/wanted/dreamt about having a McGriddle once he had one for breakfast. Those things rock. Pankcake and syrup in one.. good golly. I'd buy stock in just the bun. Wink

Taco Bell --- you are not allowed to mention that around someone trying hard to tighten up before May. It's soo soo processed and just fart-producing ...but the night sitting on the crown is so worth it. Haven't eaten there since I gave up red meat! (sigh)

J_B - welcome to the board! I am a firm believer in fish oil and green tea myself. My mom and I have it religiously every morning (not me since the whole vinegar diet --- hahha). My mom gets the real stuff (leaves on bottom of cup, etc) sent to her from Korea.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:01 pm
I didn't do the vinegar diet the past few days because I was so busy moving and didn't have access to my vinegar. Sad

I did however enjoy pigging out the past few nights. ...all of which evened out since I did a lot of extra moving around (moving, loading, unpacking, walking, etc).

I made meatloaf for the first time with brown sugar last night for my dad. Since I try to avoid red meat (unless I'm about to offend someone by not eating what they cooked or a special occasion) ...I had my mom's fried tofu, fried fishcake, korean fish, and rice. ...I mean BOWLS of it. lol

So yummy.

Starting back up tomorrow in the early a.m.!!!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:09 pm
yum, we love Korean food. My daughter requests extra fishcake whenever we go out. Last year for Mother's Day my family took me out to our local Korean rest. The waitresses always giggle when we order all the spicy dishes. My spelling will be horrid but my husband get Kimchee ji-gue and I get soon do bo. My daughter gets a spicy beef soup called ???? yu-ke-jung or something like that. My mouth is watering. Sorry for my bad spelling.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:16 pm
I don't even know how to spell half of those things since so many people do it differently. hehehe

My mouth was watering reading to your favorites. hahahha

I told myself that my mom had to teach me all my favorite dishes before I leave the state in May. My fiance is begging my mom not to since I always come to him with spicy unforgiving breath. lol

My mom and I have started (past few years) to only eat rice with barley cooked in it. It's so delicious. It's a whole new spin on the normally plain rice. I should do the brown rice/barley ...but it's more expensive and my mom always gives me another huge bag of rice before I have a chance to buy my own. Smile
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 07:58 am
I guess after awhile ...it goes down a little easier. Still yucky. I'd rather down some boardwalk fries. Very Happy

I'll do a weigh-in tomorrow morning.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:29 am
Okay, I'm still at it. Yesterday I was down another 1lb, but this morning it was back, so I'm still even.

Here's to another day (vinegar salute).
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:34 am
Hey Jo,

Isn't taking vinegar like that supposed to very bad to your liver and stomach??

At least that's what I've heard...
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 09:20 am
thanks! I did so a search before starting this, and even those "against" this "fad" said there are no longterm side effects from it. Unless I drank straight vinegar which can be bad going down my throat since it's contains so much acid. ....but I use one from the health store not the grocery store kind (which is what they were talking about). Otherwise, the amount mixed in w/water can't hurt me. Smile

It has made my skin incredibly smooth!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:49 am
Down 1 more pound

I think my fiance's house and/or town is making me sick.

I've been sneezing like a mug and my throat is so itchy. At night my nose is stuffed and I'm miserable. Ughh.. I hate knowing I MAY be one of those folks who go through this yearly (never have before ...until the last time I moved down here which is only less than 2 hrs from the place I was living before). I always feel like apologizing for sneeze, sneeze *blow my snot*, sneeze *blow snot* ...even though it's not my fault. I just know it can be annoying (knowing what it's like listening to other people do it all day). Alright, I need to get some more kleenex and change the air filter.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:44 am
{{{Joah}}} Feel better soon.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 10:13 am
thanks J_B. I really think it has to be something in the air. Seems like symptoms you would see when someone has allergies ...not a typical cold/bug. Smile

i was hoping to clean out the garage today (HIS MESS/HIS CLUTTER) but it's so windy out that I ended up chasing ALL the boxes down the street in my boxers. I looked like a goon. Sneezing away and wiping my nose on my t-shirt. hahahhaha My mom would have killed me if she had a re-play of this since it's cold out.

I'm only going to do this vinegar stuff for 2 more weeks. I think the exercise increase alone has me bound to lose too much before my target date. I need to work on toning more ...though detoxing my body has proven to have his benefits (skin wise).

I'm down another .5 btw.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 08:23 pm
So I guess this was short-lived. I am at my target weight. That was easy. :/

I'm still jugging down the cider. I no longer have to plug my nose. Completely used to it. I can't wait to get my digital cam.

I need to "stay" at my target weight now and continue to try to get toned.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 04:43 pm
CONGRATS!!!!!

Good for you!
0 Replies