Apple Vinegar Cider diet

janliu

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 01:25 pm
Capsule form
I used the capsule form from confidence corporation. Lost about 8-10 lbs over the span of 2 months? But gradually gained back weight when I returned to school in the fall. What can I say, when you are a busy college student, u forget to do these things on a regular basis.

So I am taking time off school now... and I am working full-time so I take my capsules (started half way last week) an hour before each meal. Lost... hmmm 4-5 lbs?

I felt that I did get more energy. I slept 4-5 hrs last night and I don't feel as tired with the lack of sleep if I am on the apple cider vinegar. It is encouraged that u drink more water. No side-effects except increased energy.

I wonder how much weight I can lose...
0 Replies

andrs4wn

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 10:02 pm
I'm new!
HI!!!!!!

I'm starting the acv in the morning.
It seems that for every + thing you hear about it there's a -.
Buts that's true with just about anything!

I came across this site and thought it would be fun to have a few people to share my experiance with.

I can't wait to get to know everyone!
0 Replies

hub2bard

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 06:00 pm
vinegar diet
Hi

I just heard of the vinegar diet. Would any of you have any information about it. Can you tell me if any of you all were successful at it?

Desperate me
0 Replies

tufftts69

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2005 06:17 am
hub2bard wrote:
Hi

I just heard of the vinegar diet. Would any of you have any information about it. Can you tell me if any of you all were successful at it?

Desperate me
Hi! I take 2 tsp 30 minutes before every meal and it has helped me out to loose some weight, plus lower my cholesterol levels, and helped with my arthritis pain and stiffness.. Also brought up my energy level! Its hard to take by itself at first, (you can mix it in some orange juice). I have also found out by my doctor that it balances your ph levels and detoxs your system.. He also said that it does something to the blood sugar levels that usually turns into fat, so it doesnt turn into fat..
0 Replies

hkc

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 01:18 am
More info about the Apple Cider Diet please?
Hi everyone,
So how does this diet work? What measurements of the vinegar are you supposed to take?

Is it better to take the pills? Need fast results soon ... desperate.

Thanks for any advice and help!
0 Replies

hkc

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 12:07 pm
Re: Apple Vinegar Cider diet
Hi,
I posted a message, but no response yet. It seems like this worked for you. But what's a good way to take this? Different sources/people seem to be saying different things.

You think the pill version is better/faster?
Thanks any help or advice will do.

Joahaeyo wrote:
Have you guys heard of this? I've heard through the years that this is a remedy many swear by for arthritis, DIETING (raises metabolism, helps with digestion), to lower blood pressure, and to prevent you from getting sick.

mixed with water and/or honey ...taken daily.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 02:43 pm
Hello, hkc, welcome to A2K.

There are many diet plans that include acidifying foods to aid in digestion and there are a few plans that suggest it be done with acv. Another diet I am familiar with suggests lemon or acv with all meals and hot lemon water as a beverage 20mins before meals. It supposedly increases metabolism, acidifies foods and helps you feel full sooner meaning you eat less <shrug>. You will lose weight anytime you eat fewer calories than you burn off and if taking acv tablets helps you do that then it certainly isn't going to hurt you any.

Here are a couple links that describe the 'how to' of the acv diet and another from Dr Weil which says it's bogus but that it won't hurt you any.

Give it a try if you want. If it helps you eat less and helps you feel satisfied longer so that you eat less then it has worked for you. A good weight loss plan is something you can do longterm. I drink hot lemon water every day and occasionally drink a tsp of acv in cold water because I like it. If it works for you and you can do it longterm, then you've got yourself a plan!

http://www.geocities.com/pathways2eden/apple_cider_diet.html

http://www.drweil.com/u/QA/QA22860/
0 Replies

hkc

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 03:14 pm
J_B wrote:
Hello, hkc, welcome to A2K.

There are many diet plans that include acidifying foods to aid in digestion and there are a few plans that suggest it be done with acv. Another diet I am familiar with suggests lemon or acv with all meals and hot lemon water as a beverage 20mins before meals. It supposedly increases metabolism, acidifies foods and helps you feel full sooner meaning you eat less <shrug>. You will lose weight anytime you eat fewer calories than you burn off and if taking acv tablets helps you do that then it certainly isn't going to hurt you any.

Here are a couple links that describe the 'how to' of the acv diet and another from Dr Weil which says it's bogus but that it won't hurt you any.

Give it a try if you want. If it helps you eat less and helps you feel satisfied longer so that you eat less then it has worked for you. A good weight loss plan is something you can do longterm. I drink hot lemon water every day and occasionally drink a tsp of acv in cold water because I like it. If it works for you and you can do it longterm, then you've got yourself a plan!

http://www.geocities.com/pathways2eden/apple_cider_diet.html

http://www.drweil.com/u/QA/QA22860/
Hi J_B,
Thanks 4 the reply. I think I want to try the ACV diet for now--whether it's the liquid version or a pill version? The liquid version isn't as clear though ... whether you were to take 2-3 tablespoons a day or 2-3 tablespoons with water or some kind of juice before each meal? Some sources even say to take the ACV straight like 2-3 tablespoons or so? Just want to know what's most effective and how to practice it ... also if the pill version is better/faster?
Also, I'm wondering if people have added ACV into a drink and carried it around? Or does it smell or does something happen to the mixed drink?
Thanks for any help, solutions, advice ...
Desperately yours,
HKC
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 03:35 pm
Very Happy don't be desperate, hkc. Any diet plan will work in the short term. You're motivated, you cut certain foods out of your diet, or you add certain supplements, whatever the change is, it will work because it's a change and you're paying attention.

The liquid is supposedly more beneficial than the tablets, but the tablets are easily swallowed and don't taste like vinegar. If you like the taste of vinegar and water than go ahead and take it that way. Yes, if you pour it into a drink and carry it around it will smell like vinegar. And note, it's 2-3 teaspoons, not tablespoons, before each meal as a MAX. It's acidic, and adding acid in large quantities to your diet is not a good idea. Start off with one tablet or one teaspoon in water before each meal and then slowly increase to 2 and eventually perhaps 3 teaspoons (1 Tablespoon) before each meal. If you want to try a liquid and don't like the smell of vinegar you can try lemon water before some of the meals and the vinegar tablets before others.

Regardless of what plan you decide to try, you're welcome to join us on our diet support thread here

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5813&start=3570.

Good luck!
0 Replies

hkc

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 04:06 pm
Really? It's 2-3 TEAspoons? I guess I hear different things. Even in the previous threads, one person says 1 tablespoon of ACV with 5 tablespoons of water, mixed. And I guess it's with every meal, rather than just "one shot" in the morning or during the day.
It's not convenient to take to work, but I guess I'll give it a try ...
Thanks for the encouragement and the link.
You're very helpful and seem very knowledgeable =)
Thanks!
0 Replies

hkc

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 04:06 pm
J_B wrote:
Very Happy don't be desperate, hkc. Any diet plan will work in the short term. You're motivated, you cut certain foods out of your diet, or you add certain supplements, whatever the change is, it will work because it's a change and you're paying attention.

The liquid is supposedly more beneficial than the tablets, but the tablets are easily swallowed and don't taste like vinegar. If you like the taste of vinegar and water than go ahead and take it that way. Yes, if you pour it into a drink and carry it around it will smell like vinegar. And note, it's 2-3 teaspoons, not tablespoons, before each meal as a MAX. It's acidic, and adding acid in large quantities to your diet is not a good idea. Start off with one tablet or one teaspoon in water before each meal and then slowly increase to 2 and eventually perhaps 3 teaspoons (1 Tablespoon) before each meal. If you want to try a liquid and don't like the smell of vinegar you can try lemon water before some of the meals and the vinegar tablets before others.

Regardless of what plan you decide to try, you're welcome to join us on our diet support thread here

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5813&start=3570.

Good luck!
Really? It's 2-3 TEAspoons? I guess I hear different things. Even in the previous threads, one person says 1 tablespoon of ACV with 5 tablespoons of water, mixed. And I guess it's with every meal, rather than just "one shot" in the morning or during the day.
It's not convenient to take to work, but I guess I'll give it a try ...
Thanks for the encouragement and the link.
You're very helpful and seem very knowledgeable =)
Thanks!
0 Replies