Rejected him once but now I want to try again...

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2016 10:43 pm
Hi, so about 10 months ago (last school semester) this guy I had a class with asked me out. I love hanging out with him and talking to him and I was happy that he asked me to grab coffee with him. But at the time, I had a boyfriend so I told him that we should just go out as friends. Now 10 months later, I broke up with my boyfriend and I so happen to be seeing that same guy that asked me out around school and I texted him casually one day and we had a small text convo. So it means he still kept my number after all that time. I had one conversation with him in passing when I ran into him in person. So my question is, knowing that I told him we should just be friends last time, do I still have a chance with him? Is there anything I should do to let him know there's dating potential once again? He is kind of the shy nerdy type so it probably took a lot of courage to ask me out only to get rejected in a way. He probably thinks that's still the case.
Notify me of new answers

Skeleton

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 01:58 am
@cowsarecute,
There is totally a chance. Ask him out, I'm sure he'd be happy.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 08:01 am
@cowsarecute,
Yep, I'm with Skeleton. Ask the guy out and don't try to read signals or spur him to do so. He'd probably love such a straightforward move on your part.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2016 08:05 am
@cowsarecute,
Asking him out would tell you whether you still had a chance with him or not. So hop to it and ask him already.
0 Replies

katie3699

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2021 12:15 am
@cowsarecute,
Send him a text and ask if he'd like to get together for coffee or something. Take it from there..
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2021 02:01 am
@cowsarecute,
While not disagreeing with the rest, still having your number doesn’t mean anything.

I’ve still got the number of the person I had a car crash with five years ago.
0 Replies

daryan12s

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2021 05:21 am
@cowsarecute,
I think you have a chance. Why don't you invite him to spend the day together? Have a picnic, take a walk. Try to flirt with him. I think he'll appreciate your courtesies. Good luck to you two.
0 Replies