Does she like me? Please help ASAP!

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 09:10 am
Hi, I'm a girl and I'm almost 17 years old. I like this girl A LOT, more than I've ever liked someone in my life. I'm bisexual and I'm pretty sure she is too. I think she likes me. She is 20 something years old. I can't stop thinking about her.
She is in college and I'm in highschool. I'm in 11th grade. She is training to be a teacher so she visits my English class every Monday to observe the class and take notes.
She goes to a college near me, but her hometown is Connecticut.
Every time she visites my English class, she sits next me. She hasn't talked to anyone else in the class besides me. I'm pretty sure she tries flirting with me. She has super short hair also. I went on her Facebook one time and saw that a lot of her picutres she is with other girls. They look like they were dating, but those pictures were a long time ago, like 2011. I saw another few pictures of her with a guy. They were dating I think.
So she and I have been talking outside of class via email and my English teacher is cool with that. The way she emails I think she might like me, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure she has flirted with me, but I don't know if she's just being friendly.
She puts as many smiley faces as she can in her emails to me, and she also replies to my emails within less than 5 minutes, so I'm not sure if that's a sign she likes me. She seems really happy whenever I email her. I want to ask her if she is bi (bisexual) but I don't know if it's rude or disrespectful. She's only going to be at my school 2 more times. I would do anything to date her even if it just was for like a couple weeks. I don't know how or if I even should ask her if she's bi. I have no idea how she'd react. I want to tell her that I like her, but the last thing I want to happen is to scare her away. Again, I've never liked anyone as much as I like her and I'd be crushed if the video chat doesn't go well and if I find out she's not bi.
Do you think she likes me? And should I ask if she's bi? If so, how do I ask without being disrespectful?
I'd really appreciate advice. Thanks so much.

kimmykake123

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 10:23 am
@kimmykake123,
I REALLY need advice as soon as possible! I would beyond deeply appreciate it!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 10:35 am
Do you know she could get in a LOT of trouble (legally and professionally) by having any kind of a relationship with a student?

Please step back and realize you have a crush on someone. She is just being friendly.

Put all this energy into someone else.
kimmykake123

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:45 pm
@PUNKEY,
She's not MY teacher, she's training to be a teacher at some other school, so she's not my teacher...Would she still get in trouble if she's just in the class with me to just observe the class?
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:48 pm
@kimmykake123,
She is in training for teacher ethics and they matter whether she has finished her training or not.
kimmykake123

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:50 pm
@ossobucotemp,
So do you think I don't have any chance? We are planning on video chatting tomorrow and I was planning on maybe asking her so what should I talk to her about now?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 12:52 pm
@kimmykake123,
It's really inappropriate. She could be kicked out of her program for any social involvement with a student.

Talk to her about your English class.

Anything else is off the table for discussion.

Do NOT talk to her about your sexuality or hers.
kimmykake123

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:16 pm
@ehBeth,
Ok, will do. Thanks.
0 Replies

kimmykake123

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:21 pm
@ehBeth,
Also, even if something were to happen where I did have a chance or something, if we kept it t ourselves would that still be inappropriate? I'm just wondering about that. I'm not going to ask anymore though.
jespah

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:30 pm
@kimmykake123,
Yes, it's still inappropriate.

Ethics is what you do when someone else isn't looking.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 01:34 pm
@kimmykake123,
It is simply inappropriate.

Full stop.
0 Replies

kimmykake123

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 04:14 pm
@jespah,
Ok.
0 Replies

kimmykake123

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2016 04:20 pm
@jespah,
Ok thanks.
Iouman

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 02:04 pm
@kimmykake123,
Now it's months later, did you heed everyone's advice?
0 Replies