what do i do??????

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2024 09:59 am
Hey girlies, and guys of course! Im a 21 year old girl attending University. I've never dated or had an intreset but I have been asked out before, bear in mind I went to an all girls school and have asian parents so dating is out the window. I attend uni and theres this guy. He's so good looking, yall prolly cant handle it. like hes so hot. anyways back to the topic. We have a mutual friend and he was sitting with her, which is behind me. SO i figure hes in my team for a project and I turned around to greet him. He stares at me for the longest time ever, then continues to stare throughout the lecture. I thought he was a creep. Flash forward to our next team session, he ditched his friend to come sit with me. We talk for two hours, nonstop giggling and I start to think maybe I like him. I brushed it off as I'm new to all this and hes hot okay. He asks me to have lunch with him but I had to leave. He finds my number from our uni groupchat and texts me. And we have small talk. He asks about my religion, and my family etc. We have two completely different religions, like i'm hindu but he's muslim so this is tough.

We bump into each other a few days later and he had coffee with me, before I had to go to a meeting. He's really flirty, and compliments my smile and holds my hand from time to time. He pats my head which is just idkkkkkk.

Days later, I have a lecture, a two hour gap before a another session. I have to sit and do something on my own during that time so i was dreading it. I mentioned it to him since he was sitting next to me in the first session. He stays with me until my next session, even though he has other plans and we have coffee together. When the time comes, he asks me to stay a tad bit longer so I do and i end up going late to my session. He sends me msgs whenever he remembers something i said and he comes across it while studying at home. so this is all. then he makes me come in during holiday time to study with him cos i live quite near to uni. This guy is popular but he wants me to join him so im confused. and we study from morning till 3/4pm. We then go to a coffee shop and sit there for an hour or two and talk. This time he asks me serious stuff, like what I think about co-habiting, previous relationships, and if i'd ever change my religion if i loved someone from another religion. So i'm sitting there red like a tomato and im confused. He then drops me off at the bus stop and he gives me a hug before going back inside. we then meet up the next day to do the same. We study until 3 this time and two of his friends tag along. Once I was leaving he came with me to the coffee shop again. we sit down and he confronts me. I dont tell him i like him, its pretty obvious. He says he feels something but he doesnt wanna rush, just let it go with the flow. So i say thats alright. And then i have to leave. This is the last time i see him until exams are over, so i wont see him for two months. He texts me during christmas to catch up but thats about it unitl feb. During exam time, he came up to me and talked to me before we went into the exam hall. after we finish, i find him in the coffee shop. I havent spoken to him in months and now i see him, im pretty nervous. we sit down as usual, and he asks me why i dont text him anymore. When i do text him, he leaves me on read or delivered and replies like two hours after he opens the message. Some times hes online but ignores my messages. I thought i was nagging him or bothering him, so i only replied to him whenever he messages. I figured, if he liked me he would make a move. I tell him this cos he was like what happened. He then said he wants me to bother him and to text him more often. So i do, until june where he just does the same thing and doesnt seem interested in talking to me. When you're in my position, you would want to back off cos you dont want to bother them. So i do, until summer i just catch up with him and asks him what hes up to. I wished him a happy birthday near the end of the year and thats about it. When i saw him in uni this week, he ignored me and walked off, he could tell i was there. This was never the case but i really like him. I DONā€™T KNOW what to do?? please helpšŸ„²

jespah

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2024 10:28 am
@ashleymoham,
He's clearly not making the move, so you have to.

Don't worry, you can do this. Here's your script.

"Mike (or whatever his name is), let's go to the coffee shop, my treat, and make it a real date this time."

Yes, you want to be that obvious. Some people are just ridiculously oblivious.

He says yes? Great! Please name your first kid after me Wink

He says no? Well, nothing ventured, nothing gainedā€”and now you have more experience and confidence the next time such an opportunity presents itself.

He says maybe or something like that? Then live your life, spend time with your friends, and don't wait around for him to deign to grace you with his presence or at least with his decisions. Who knows? You may find you're hanging out with someone you like better.
ashleymoham

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2024 12:19 pm
@jespah,
I LOVE YOU!
I'll update you soon!
ashleymoham

Reply Thu 8 Feb, 2024 12:20 pm
@ashleymoham,
welp forgot to say thank you. THANK YOUUUUU!
0 Replies