7

Shoulder Pain

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 11:50 am
I was at the gym last night doing an inclined bench press with dumbells. On one of the reps, I had my arms almost fully extended above when my shoulder popped out of the socket and then went right back in (It happens to me every now and then, this was not abnormal). However, I immediately felt a sharp pain (which was not normal) that lasted for about a minute, and now about 12 hours later I can feel a dull pain in my shoulder when it is not moving, and a sharp pain when I move it the wrong way. I think it's either a torn rotator cuff or an impingement, but I would like some other opinions so I don't get hasty and visit the ER for nothing. Thanks.

1  
Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 11:54 am
@collegekid17,
collegekid17 wrote:

this was not abnormal

This is abnormal.

Go seek medical care.

Candlelight8

0  
Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:02 pm
@collegekid17,
If your shoulder is routinely coming out of the socket that is cause for a trip to the doctor. I'm surprised your not expressing more pain though because these things are extraordinarily painful. Shoulder injuries can last a lifetime. I don't know if you are overstating this shoulder popping out of the socket or not. If it comes out of the socket, that is not normal and would be excruciating. X-ray may or may not be useful. I think an mri is probably they only way to judge soft tissue injury. Have you spoken to fellow lifters. Do there arms pop out of the socket? I don't think so. Forgive my frustration, I'm in a lot of pain.
Candlelight8

vishal1

1  
Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2016 10:27 pm
This was not abnormal ,Counseling with ortho Specialist.