Problem regarding my parents

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2016 11:57 pm
Hello,
I have a strange problem. My father is 53. My mother loves him so much. My father has a bad habit of seeing other ladies ifront of my house. My mother cannot tolerate this behaviour. Daily they are fighting and my mom is crying. I cannot talk to my father as he feels guilty. Please suggest me how to deal with this problem.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 797 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 06:44 am
@raja90277,
Maybe butt out and let them deal with it themselves. They're grownups. Unless someone is being abused, this is their problem and not yours.

By the way, if either of them try to get you to take sides, tell them no and then either leave the room or change the subject.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 11:52 am
@raja90277,
What Jespah says. This issue is between them. They need to work it out between them. Inserting yourself in any way will not help.
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2016 12:56 pm
@raja90277,
Quote:
My father has a bad habit of seeing other ladies in front of my house...Please suggest me how to deal with this problem.

Tell him to take them out of sight round the back.
0 Replies

raja90277

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2017 11:34 pm
Thank you all for your suggestions. Problem is solved. We have changed our house where there is no other ladies Smile
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 12:48 pm
Do you mean he is watching other ladies walking by the front of your house/

or that he looks at other ladies passing by the front of your house?

In some cultures, "seeing" can mean to meet or date someone.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2017 04:48 pm
@raja90277,
I rather disagree that the issue is just between his parents. Not only is it affecting him, but the behaviour (seeing other women off in front of the house - presumably the wife suspects him of sleeping with them) is quite rude (in my view, it's quite despicable behaviour).

I'd have no issue calling out anyone that behaved like like towards a loved one of mine, even if he were my father.

The conversation of course, is about the rude behaviour, and not about the state of their relationship.

And of course, if the OP didn't mean that (that's what I think he means), then disregard Shocked
0 Replies