The Quotable Reich

Baldimo

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 11:10 am
@edgarblythe,
Lawyers who get guilty clients off are just as bad as their clients, it shows a lack of morals and an ability to turn a blind eye to actual justice. It's one of the reasons we have so many politicians who used to be lawyers, they are slimy to their cores!
ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 11:13 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:
I'm sorry, Hillary Clinton was never a State Senator nor ran for the office. Please do not post nonfactual messages.

WHAT? She was a Senator from NY from 2001 to 2009.

Mrs. Clinton was not a member of the New York State Senate.

Mrs. Clinton was a US Senator representing New York.

McGentrix seems to have phrased it incorrectly when this exchange started.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 12:13 pm
@Baldimo,
All defense lawyers try to get their client the full protection of the law. It is for the judges and juries to convict or not.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 12:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Lying is against the law and a majority of lawyers lie to juries and judges while defending their client. There are no morals in the court of law, and a sense of right and wrong come down to who can manipulate emotions of the jury.
maporsche

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Lying is against the law and a majority of lawyers lie to juries and judges while defending their client. There are no morals in the court of law, and a sense of right and wrong come down to who can manipulate emotions of the jury.

Why do you hate the constitution so much?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:38 pm
@maporsche,
Why it doesn't pay for lawyers to lie in a court of law.
http://www.stroock.com/SiteFiles/Pub784.pdf
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 05:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Criticism I can tale. I have criticized her myself. But outright lies I have to react too. And you and Lash constantly post opinion as fact. Most right wing opinion is filled with lies.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 06:36 pm
@RABEL222,
I have not posted lies, because the truth is damning enough.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 06:44 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Baldimo wrote:

Quote:
I'm sorry, Hillary Clinton was never a State Senator nor ran for the office. Please do not post nonfactual messages.

WHAT? She was a Senator from NY from 2001 to 2009.

Mrs. Clinton was not a member of the New York State Senate.

Mrs. Clinton was a US Senator representing New York.

McGentrix seems to have phrased it incorrectly when this exchange started.

Is that what Baldimo was referring to? I don't read Blickers posts so I missed it. You have to be pretty ******* obtuse to not understand what I said.
Blickers

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 07:05 pm
@McGentrix,
Not the point, McGentrix. You see, you made an accusation, that Hillary was handed the nomination, indeed the election, for US Senator from New York. By the tone of your post, you had ALL the angles figured, this is EXACTLY the way it had to have happened. Indeed, anyone who disputed this scenario was clearly to be regarded as someone who is not remotely knowledgeable about American politics in the slightest degree, to put it nicely.

The thing is, most politicians start out in state government when they are young. If they do well there, they try to move up to State Senate. If successful, they then try to obtain their party's nomination for US Representative, and from there to move up to Senate, if possible. It's a long, hard journey, with many campaigns and fights along the way. When you are a US Senator or Governor, you are at the rung from which most Presidents are selected. So US Senator or Governor is the big leagues, and most of the people in your state know who you are and quite a few people outside your state as well.

State Representatives or State Senators are almost unknown outside their tiny districts, and not too well known inside their districts either. So when you put up that post revealing that you didn't even know that a US Senator is NEVER referred to as a State Senator, it's akin to referring to an admiral as a captain, it became obvious that you really don't know what goes on in government at all. If you had, you wouldn't have made that plotz of a post. So your oh-so-knowing scenario of what supposedly really happened in Hillary's career became revealed as only yet another right wing fantasy likely cooked up by some radio host or blog commentator. How disappointing.

Next time you want to cook up a post like you've got real, inside info, try not to blunder so badly.
revelette2

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 09:29 am
@Blickers,
Smile
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2016 09:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
Opinion isent fact no matter how much you want them to be.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 11:17 pm
@RABEL222,
Very true, which is why I tell the truth.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 11:18 pm
Robert Reich
15 mins ·
I got a call tonight from a friend in Washington who knows more about political polling than anyone in America. He was almost breathless with excitement.
“It’s gonna be a landslide,” he said.
“In which direction?” I joked.
“Hillary’s going to win in places we haven’t won in years – Georgia, Nevada, Arizona. She’ll take the entire West, the whole East Coast. Trump is sinking like a stone.”
“So do we get the Senate back?”
“You bet.”
“Sixty votes?”
“No, but a nice majority.”
“And the House?”
“We won’t win it back, but Democrats will get 14 of the 30 they need. So still a Republican majority, but far weakened.”
“And what about the states?”
He paused. “The states?”
“Any good news there?”
“No. The GOP will remains in control in most states.”
“So the only part of government that will change hands is the U.S. Senate, and not even by enough to overcome a filibuster?”
“Yes,” he said, as if I had taken the air out of his balloon.
“And what about all the people who’ll be voting for Trump?”
“What about them?” he asked, cautiously.
“After Trump loses, they’ll still be out there, right?”
“Of course.”
“And they’ll be madder than hell, poisoned with Trump’s venom. They’ll be a ready-made constituency for the next demagogue.”
“Bob?” he asked.
“What?”
“Remind me never to phone you again.”
“Sorry,” I said.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2016 11:23 pm
Pessimistic viewpoint. First win the Election, then see if we can take the Senate. The groups that vote Democratic are growing in percentage, the groups that vote Republican are shrinking in percentage. Eventually the states will follow, especially if the Republicans continue to allow themselves to be run by the crazies.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 08:58 am
Robert Reich
11 mins ·
The pay of public school teachers is now 17 percent lower than the pay of other workers with the same levels of education. Even when health and pension benefits are included, teacher compensation is 11.1 percent below that of comparable workers. And that pay gap is growing. Twenty years ago, teacher pay was just 1.8 percent below the pay of comparable workers. (See the Economic Policy Institute's report, below.)
There is no more important means of giving children the education they need than to get good teachers into classrooms. And no better means of getting talented men and women into the classrooms of America than to pay enough to attract them. The law of supply and demand isn’t repealed at the classroom door
revelette2

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 09:03 am
@edgarblythe,
Agreed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 02:42 pm
Robert Reich
47 mins ·
I already feel anticipatory nostalgia for Barack Obama – for the dignity he restored to the presidency, for his civility and composure under fire, his scandal-free White House, his modesty and decorum, for his thoughtfulness and high-mindedness, and for his many attempts to bring Americans together.
I haven’t agreed with all his policies, by any measure: He let the bankers off too easy in the bailout and didn’t adequately help underwater homeowners; he didn’t go for a “public option” under healthcare; he too often chose national security over civil liberties; and time and again he let Republicans get away with almost unconstitutional partisanship, such as refusing even to consider his Supreme Court pick.
But as we get closer to the 2016 Election I can’t help contrasting President Obama with the presidents who came before him – one who lied about “weapons of mass destruction” and pulled us into unending war; another whose administration was plagued with scandal, including sex with a White House intern; another who was thrown out of office after one incompetent term; another who put us on the road to widening inequality.
And I can’t help but fear what’s ahead: Donald Trump has the character and temperament of a barnyard snake, and is already pulling America apart. Hillary tends toward secrecy and covertness, and is too close to the moneyed interests.
I will miss Barack Obama.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 11:51 am
@edgarblythe,
What is the comparable worker they are comparing against?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2016 12:12 pm
Robert Reich
28 mins ·
Where’s the mainstream media? On Saturday, the Dakota Access pipeline company attacked Native Americans with dogs and pepper spray as they protested against the $3.8 billion pipeline's construction -- but almost nothing of this has been shown or reported by mainstream media.
If completed, the pipeline would carry about 500,000 barrels of crude per day from North Dakota’s Bakken oilfield to Illinois. The project has faced months of resistance from the Standing Rock Sioux tribe.
This is a big deal. Fights between oil extractors and Native Americans have been going on for a long time, but this one has united nearly 100 tribes from across the U.S. and Canada. And it's turning ugly. The public should be aware.