How much should my girlfriend contribute for her and her daughter?

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 11:12 am
My girlfriend and I have been together for a year and have decided we want to move in together. She also has a daughter who would be moving into my house as well. The biological father is not around so she receives no child support. My mortgage with taxes and insurance is $1,300. Then there is also the gas, electric, water, and cable (total around $400-500 a month). She wants to contribute $300 a month because that's what she can afford...this seams extremely too low and feel like I'm being taken advantage of. I do make more money than her about 25-30% more. She spends most of her money on her car payment, insurance, and her daughter. Do you think $300 is ridiculous?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,755 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 11:17 am
@California25,
Your current costs are around $1800, correct?
If she doesn't move in, they stay at $1800.

___

What is she currently spending on rent/mortgage/utilities?

what are her childcare costs? what action is she taking to get child support?

0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2016 12:41 pm
@California25,
Maybe she figures $300/month is plenty since she will be providing in house sexual services and probably helping to clean and cook. So I suggest you keep your mouth shut, take the $300 and enjoy the daily company of someone you love. (And hope she doesn't figure out that the sexual favors and her share of the cleaning and cooking are probably worth more and she starts asking you to pay her. lol)
0 Replies