Concerned wife

Wed 6 Jul, 2016 07:25 am
I have been married for 15years and my hubby and I have a fantastic relationship. We are very honest with one another and we don’t hide things. He can access my phone as well as my social media accounts whenever he feels the need to and likewise me with him. He has been receiving Godly text messages from a female work colleague since the beginning of this year. It is always the daily prayer messages which is normally only sent out Monday to Friday as well as 1 or 2 Godly picture messages. On a Saturday and Sunday it is just a Godly picture message. He never responds to her messages because he says while he appreciates the messages he doesn’t want to entertain her by replying. I have been ohk with it but for some reason lately I feel like she could have ulterior motives. I have addressed the issue with my husband and he understands me completely. I also don’t want him to address it with her because I don’t want to create a problem where there is no problem but at the same time I don’t want her thinking that I am fast asleep. Some time back there was an incident at work where one of the managers were interested in her and she felt the need to tell him about it and he told me. I was quite upset because I thought why is she discussing with him who is interested in her. Am I reading too much into it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 806 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

chai2

Wed 6 Jul, 2016 08:02 am
@Charl123,
maybe you are, maybe you aren't.

It's enough to know that you aren't fast asleep. You bringing it up to her might just be enough of a thrill for her to escalate.

Arey these Godly message directed only to him, or a group?

In any event, he can let her know that while he appreciates her daily religious messages, he really doesn't have time to read or look at them that often, so she can take him off her distribution list.

PUNKEY

Thu 7 Jul, 2016 07:26 am
Your husband has the ability to BLOCK any messages he doesn't want to receive.

If he knows this bothers you, then he should do this.

BTW - are you sure there are not "links" that he can go to from these messages, which might just be a cover or signal for something else?

chai2

Thu 7 Jul, 2016 09:01 am
@PUNKEY,
Blocking is a chickenshit way out in this case.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 7 Jul, 2016 02:13 pm
@chai2,
Like when the Jehovah's witnesses show up at the door, We tell em that we aint in the least interested and if they dont take to akindly response, we shut the door.

He should send a more direct message asking her to refrain from the prayer messages as both he and you find it pushy and somewhat rude to presume your religious beliefs.
Witness the A2K world when it tries to openly discuss religion or political beliefs. I think everybody gets annoyed with the occasional douche bags that send these long interminble biblical tracts.
chai2

Thu 7 Jul, 2016 03:08 pm
@farmerman,
Agreeing. Although the OP doesn't say whether they are religious or not. If they are, this woman even if she doesn't have an agenda, may well think the guy welcomes it.

Can't remember if she said these messages were coming over work email or not. If they are, he can easily say that he would like to keep his work email just for that.

I worked for a big company, and every so often HR would have to send out an email reminding everyone that work emails are for work. The people who would crop up occassionally sending religious or even "have a nice day" type crap with kittens and balloons would ruin it for everyone. Sometimes someone you did deal with directly and got along well with would exchange interesting items.

One time, somehow this woman I was friends with back in high school got hold of my work email. She contacted me to say hi, and I had no problem with that. I'm sure I gave her my home email.
Within a couple of weeks she was sending me almost daily dumb jokes and news items from where we grew up...a place I have been back to probably 3 times in the last 35 years.

I finally had to ask her to stop, as I was really busy while at work. She was basically all "Hurumph" and never contacted me again.

Fine by me.
farmerman

Thu 7 Jul, 2016 09:43 pm
@chai2,
Everybody hassome clown friend who collects those types of "Wallmart People" and "What happened when you were in high school" ****, and then sends them out on a large recipeint chain to other people who you dont have any care to ressurect acquaintences with.

I am almost non communicative with people I knew in High School(although some wag, who claims some right of "keeping us all informed", lets me know in one of these bigass recip lists , as to who dies, whose grandkids are playing midget baseball or who's taking some trip to wherever.
Whenever those things come, then I can expect about a week of BS emails from some people I havent talked with for over 40 years, all wanting to "get together" and relive some hs memories. Like Hell.
Id rather hang oput with my AMish neighbors and talk herbicides and new strains of alfalfa
0 Replies

Hanerykroze

Tue 12 Jul, 2016 05:52 am
@Charl123,
Tell your husband not to reply her. If your husband is loyal with you then ignore whatever she pretends.
0 Replies