Do most women have a sl*t/ sleeping around phase?

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 03:33 pm
Do most attractive, American women go through a sl*t phase, when they sleep with random men they meet at clubs, parties, vacation, for a period of time? I don't want to offend women but a sl*t phase was the only way I could say it? So do most, young women have a phase where they have a lot of one night stands and hook ups?

chai2

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 03:46 pm
@purpleapple100745,
Define "phase" Laughing

Also, don't you want to know if (in your opinion) "unattractive American women do this?

Do most American men do this?
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 03:47 pm
purpleapple100745, I find your post really, really weird, and very very objectionable. Maybe you come from some backward society? You have a prurient interest in single women enjoying sexual freedom, coupled with a misogynistic, judgmental and sexist attitude towards women - you call them 'sluts' yet are coyly afraid to spell the word in full (doubly weird) - yet if those women sleep around, why aren't the men they sleep with also 'sluts' or a male equivalent? In short, you suck. Hard.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 03:51 pm
Quote:
I don't want to offend women but a sl*t phase was the only way I could say it?

At least you didn't say 'whore'. You are like someone saying "I don't want to offend black people but a n*****r phase was the only way I could say it". What a jerk.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 04:48 pm
What they said.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 04:59 pm
I might have agreed with the opening question some long years ago, let's say when I was sixteen and quite religious, except that I had no clue about sex then since it was forbidden in most instances, so I might now many decades later have an inkling about her curiosity as perhaps somewhat religion/school based. She might actually be interested in people's takes, probably while having a bias, but maybe not. There is a biased background in question wording.

I'm not in the mood for answering at length, maybe tomorrow.

Meantime, is this a school assignment?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 06:07 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
I'm assuming the person in question is not from America, and probably from a non-Western society. And possibly quite young. Related to that, maybe I'm being overly generous here, but I think they might be asterisking the word "slut" because they realize it's offensive, but genuinely don't know how to put it more politely. So that could actually be a start.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 06:18 pm
@purpleapple100745,
Okay, so purpleapple, this is what I'd answer:

Some American (and British, Dutch, etc) men and women have a period in their life where they sleep with a lot of people, including people they met at a club, on holiday, etc. Usually (though not always) when they're young.

Not all Americans (etc) do that. Not most Americans. But sure, some. And a lot of people (including me) think this is perfectly fine. (As long as people make sure to use condoms etc, and that nothing is done against anyone's will, of course.) There are parts of the country where it's not socially acceptable (among evangelical Christians, for example). There are parts where it totally is.

So the answer is: it depends. It's up to the person. As it should be, really!

But yeah, don't use the word slut for it. It's offensive.
0 Replies