Even More Stupid People with Their Stupid Guns....

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 09:19 am
Man Accidentally Shoots Self While Waiting On Line At Zabar's
http://i67.tinypic.com/jz7hc1.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 3,701 • Replies: 41

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 09:29 am
@tsarstepan,

from the article --
Quote:
The man suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound and fled westbound on 80th Street immediately after he shot himself.

wouldn't you lie down and wait for medical help if it was an accident?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 09:41 am
@tsarstepan,
Even more careless people with guns - they're lucky they didn't kill theirselves

Some strong language

https://youtu.be/YzTGlSp0oB8
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 09:47 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

from the article --
Quote:
The man suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound and fled westbound on 80th Street immediately after he shot himself.

Probably too embarrassed to face EMTs or police.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 10:04 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

from the article --
Quote:

Or maybe he was planning on robbing the joint prior to the accidental discharge?
Blickers

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 11:49 am
@tsarstepan,
Good thinking. I don't think he's in trouble for robbery if hasn't entered the place to rob it yet, but the gun is probably not legal. So he gets arrested for that, plus a jail term. Plaxico Burress, NY Giants WR, shot himself in the leg with a gun that was not licensed in New Jersey, (it was licensed in another state), and went to jail for two years.
snood

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 12:10 pm
@Blickers,
Yeah, I thought that was a BS sentence. Just sayin'.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 01:10 pm
@Region Philbis,
If I shot myself, I'd darn well want to shoot back. To heck with all the passive aggressive stuff.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2016 01:21 pm
June 14, 2016
SHARES
Facebook
Twitter
A West Virginia man locally known for his hatred of the government has been arrested after admitting to murdering three neighbors with an AR-15 rifle this Monday afternoon.

Erick Shute, 32, calls himself a “sovereign citizen,” a barely organized group of anti-government tax protesters who fanatically believe that government agencies are illegal and are the top domestic terrorist threat to the country. Ironically, the FBI in turn “considers sovereign-citizen extremists as comprising a domestic terrorist movement.”

Shute proudly bragged about gunning down his three victims in a poorly spelled post on Facebook, encouraging the media to call him.

“This was self defense,” Shute posted. “I talked to a cop and he even agreed this was an open and shut case of self defense and they probably won’t even pursue charges. I am just waiting to talk to the prosecutor. I have nothing to hide. Media can contact me on my cell. I am open to talk. These guys stole over $20,000 pf oir stuff and sold it for drugs and threatened me to my face before. They even unacrewed my brakeline while I was asleep. Everyone not on drugs on the mountain hates them. These are known thieves and drug addicts.”

Despite bragging on social media, Shute fled the scene and evaded police until the following morning. No comments have been made from authorities regarding his self-defense claims, and Shute is currently in police custody.

Sheriff Vince Shambaugh said the three victims were ambushed while moving wood and other debris off of a road near Shute’s property.

“He took cover behind a tree and shot these people ambush-style,” Shambaugh said.

Investigators reported that a fourth person managed to escape the attack without any injuries.

The sheriff reported that Shute had been stockpiling weapons, ammunition, and other doomsday-scenario supplies in preparation for the “end times.” Shute also claims that he planted Claymore mines and other booby-traps around his property in various bunkers.

The AR-15 is still legal for civilian purchase under West Virginia gun laws.

Nathan Wellman is a Los Angeles-based journalist, author, and playwright. Follow him on Twitter: @LightningWOW
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 02:16 pm
Anti-gun advocates frequently cite the incredible number of guns owned by Americans to support their position. They then cite each and every singular incident to support their position.

I have no idea what the actual percentage of incidents to gun ownership is but unless it exceeds 5-10% there really isn't a problem.

The percentage of people abusing their right to drive a car far exceeds 10%
snood

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 02:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You don't think there's a problem with the amount of gun violence that occurs here?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 03:04 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

If I shot myself, I'd darn well want to shoot back. To heck with all the passive aggressive stuff.

Damn Roger, that's funny, made me laugh.
roger

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 03:17 pm
@glitterbag,
Thank you. My alleged humor is not always well received.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 04:21 pm
@snood,
There are problems galore in this nation. They can't all be solved, and we always need to consider the impact of the proposed solutions.

snood

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 04:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
So does that mean you do or you don't think there's a problem with the amount of gun violence that happens in the US?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 05:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I have no idea what the actual percentage of incidents to gun ownership is but unless it exceeds 5-10% there really isn't a problem.

According to Wikipedia, one in three households in the United States has firearms. They cite a congressional research service report, as reported in the Washington Post in 2015. Of course, in 2015, the Congress was controlled by the Republican party, do it would be hard to believe that that were an example of librul prejudice.. According to Wikipedia, citing the U. S. Census Bureau, there are 113,000,000+ households in the United States. So if there were 5,650,000 incidents of gun violence every year (5%), you don't think that would be a problem, huh? Of course, the other end of that is 10%. So i guess you don't think that 11,300,000 incidents of gun violence per year would be a problem, huh?

Quote:
The percentage of people abusing their right to drive a car far exceeds 10%

Can you tell me the last time someone got behind the whell and killed 49 people, and injured 54 others in the same incident?

Your math sucks.
roger

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 05:55 pm
@Setanta,
I doubt he's killed 49 people while driving. I'm also reasonably certain he hasn't gone out with an AK whatever and killed anyone.
snood

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2016 06:01 pm
@roger,
Setanta didn't say or suggest that Finn had done those things.
Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 01:14 am
@snood,
Thanks for noticing.

By the way, my math sucks, too. I forgot to divide the one third of households. So that means that there would only be over one million, eight hundred thousand incidents at the low end--5%. And only over three million, seven hundred thousand at the high end--10%. Now isn't that much more reassuring?
Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Jun, 2016 01:18 am
I did some more math, and was more careful about it this time. If 5% of households in which there are one or more firearms were the source of a gun-related incident each year, that would only be in excess of 5000 such incidents a day. Piece of cake . . .
0 Replies