Words of advice

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 12:55 am
Hello everyone. I just need some advice about how to go about fixing my marriage. I was 24 when I met my husband. He was the only man I ever dated and have been intimate with. We have kids together and have been married for 10 years. Recently I have been feeling like we are very distant with each other and we don't have anything in common. I don't want to cheat on my husband. I find myself missing him even though I see him every day. I know it sounds crazy. I feel like there is no connection between us. I want there to be. Now I'm feeling lonely and wanting someone to talk to. Thoughts go throw my head like, why didn't I date more or why did I settle for the first person that made me feel good. Or what if I find a relationship with no strings attach on the side. Divorce is not an option for me. I just want some advice on what I can do to get the spark back in my marriage. I want my husband to be more into me and me into him. I want to have fun with him.

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 06:25 am
@ladyj340,
Marriage relationships over time will run hot and cold. There will always be ups and downs, periods of great joy and periods where you just feel like you were nuts to have agreed to get married in the first place. This is natural. The key is to recognize when things are a little blah and do something to change things around.

One think my wife and I have done over the years whenever we seem to have the blahs toward each other is to go out and do something together that we used to do. Go to a park and just walk around and talk. Go on an overnight trip out of town just to hide in a hotel and be together. Or sometimes just find something new we can experience together.

Since it seems you have relatively young kids, it is a good idea to make sure you and hubby are getting quality time with each other without the kids around. If at all possible, set aside one night a week as a date night just for the two of you. If you have family who could watch your kids for several hours, ask them if they would mind. Or maybe you know another couple with kids that you could make a deal with to watch each others kids while one or the other has a date night, thus eliminating the need to pay a sitter.

Bottom line, if you want to get the spark back, you gotta turn the key. You just can't stare at the ignition and hope the motor starts without doing what started the motor in the first place. lol
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2016 07:30 am
@ladyj340,
Or you could consider that your whole concept about the institution of marriage is flawed and start over.

On your concept, not on another marriage...
0 Replies