Female coworker- lesbian interest

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 04:00 pm
I work with a female indirectly in one of our departments but we've never had the opportunity to get to know one another. A week ago one of her colleagues asked me if I'm single and I said yes. The following day, this female coworker was suddenly in one of my meetings that has no connection with her work. After the meeting ended she left her cellphone next to me and left the meeting early. I took her cellphone and gave it to her and then she made small talk saying she needs my help regarding the work. When I told her she needs to speak to my boss she looked disappointed. Yesterday she ran after me in the lift and started making small talk again and said that she definitely wants us to talk. I'm not sure if she likes me romantically or if it's genuinely about the work.

View best answer, chosen by Cindybez
CalamityJane
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 04:06 pm
@Cindybez,
It all depends on you, I guess. If she's romantically interested, are you as well?
Of course, it's never a good idea to have a fling with co-workers, but you're both adults and should know what you're doing.

However, if you're not lesbian, you could slip into the next conversation that you had a date with a guy. This way she won't pursue you and at the same time will save her face.

Good luck!
Cindybez

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 03:56 pm
@CalamityJane,
Thank you but I am interested in her a lot but I'm just cautious regarding the type of environment I work in. I was off sick at work on Wednesday and on Thursday morning she replied to an email I sent to her on Tuesday regarding the work. She immediately requested we have a meeting to discuss the work. During the meeting, she was so giddy and excited, I was taken aback yet flattered. I tried to keep it professional as a third colleague was in the meeting.
0 Replies