Best friend makes me feel guilty

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 10:27 am
I've planned a holiday for myself my brother and a few friends but my best friend cant make it due to work...and now she's ignoring me and making me feel like im in the wrong. But there's no way I can change the date due to having free tickets for a set non exchangable date. She ignores me and talks about me behind my back saying I'm selfish and nasty...however she's recently got back from a friend holiday which I couldn't make for the same reasons but I shouldn't be upset by that...I'm so confused as to what I should do or say
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,537 • Replies: 4

jespah

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 11:40 am
@Fluffyunicorn94,
Maybe rethink what the term 'best friend' actually is supposed to mean.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 11:45 am
@Fluffyunicorn94,
I think it is time for a new best friend. This one is defective.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 2 May, 2016 01:57 pm
She's pouting. Ignore her or tell her to grow up.

Then distance yourself from your "best friend" who is acting selfish then and childish.

You don't need friends like that. (or do you?)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 4 May, 2016 07:22 am
@Fluffyunicorn94,
A best friend would be happy for you. You have free tickets and going on a holiday good for you. A friend would be happy that you have such an opportunity whether she is a part of it or not.

To top it off you invited her - you didn't have to do that. It is unfortunate she cannot get the time off from work, but instead of being angry with you - she should be appreciative you invited her. You didn't have to invite her.

Does not sound like a true friend to me. Why not invite another new best friend - one that would appreciate the offer.
0 Replies