What would you do?

ttee

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 10:35 am
Been seeing this girl for a little over a month. Been talking everyday since. We go out to dinner,stay the night at each others houses, etc. Both are 21. Called me her baby, her guy twin, and talked about a future with me. Anyways, Friday I stayed the night at her house and met her roommate (which she was nervous for). It went great and she said she loved that he liked me.

She worked the next morning, and throughout the day was short with me saying she was tired/grumpy because of no sleep. I then (to my deepest regret) sort of snapped on her, saying "its fine youre grumpy, but if you are going to keep being short with me, i just wont respond to you anymore." she then replied by saying "i do not do threats, nice talking to you."

So Saturday night and Sunday morning, I texted her 5 times, the last two texts basically saying "if you want to move on, let me know, im sorry" and i also called her 4-5 times between those two days. She never answered. Clearly ignoring me.

This morning, I came to the conclusion that she blocked my number (since she never answered and her texts didnt say "read") so I messaged her on twitter saying "I think u blocked my number, just know again I am sorry, and if you want to move on, let me know, I just need to get my clothes back)

She then texted me later saying this: "Im in class all day. And no I didn't block your number, I just wasn't ready to reply. But either way, I can get you, I'll get you your clothes back."

I replied back saying: "okay cool. did u want to talk about all of this or would you rather we just go different ways."

She read it at 5pm, and still has not responded up to this point.

So basically, I believe I messed up big time. I really like and care for this girl, and she warned me in the past to not treat her bad because of past relationships that she was mistreated in.

I have apologized and I do not know if I should move on or not. The thing I realized is, I asked her about 4 messages in a row if she wants to move on. She never said she did, but she also said she didn't.

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 11:09 am
@ttee,
Two points.

First, if it went down as you wrote, then it seems to me to be a rather insignificant reason for getting mad/ending a relationship. In that respect, you might want to be thankful it is ending now (if it is) because relationships are filled with disagreements/problems way worse than what you describe that need to be talked about or worked through.

Second, just because she did not specifically answer your question about moving on does not mean she is debating whether to do so or not. I think she intends to move on. Get your clothes back. If she wants to talk, that will be the time she can talk about what happened. But she seems to have decided it is over.

Again, I think you should thank your lucky stars it is over. Someone who gets that upset over the comment you made is not going to do well in a relationship.
jespah

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2016 11:12 am
@ttee,
Stop texting her.

You are disturbing her at school. She told you this, yet you persisted.

She has already moved on. You already got your answer.

Your next text - and make it only one - is to tell her, I can be at your place tonight at 7 to pick up my stuff. Please let me know if this schedule works for you.

Period.

Don't hear from her before then? Give it a day after your proposed schedule before texting again. She might be free on the weekend instead. When you get your stuff, go, get it, and leave.
0 Replies

Violet35

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2016 11:53 am
@CoastalRat,
See, this is why a phone call is better. You can't read TONE in a text. She's turned off by your behavior, and isn't wanting to deal with you, now, for whatever reason. Stop texting her, and gt your stuff back, when it works for everyone. Be cool. She may come around, but you have to prepare to not get an answer. We don't always get "closure."
0 Replies