Need advice after she broke up with me

Lee1234

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 10:01 am
Greatly appreciate your comments on these. Sorry, this is a bit long.

My ex just broke up with me last night, and I was begging and needing to give me one more chance but she just said can't do it anymore. She cares about trust on small and simple things because if she can trust me on very simple things that means she can trust me on bigger things. I made a lot of mistakes by not giving attention on simple things that matter the most to her. It's not like I was cheating on her, but small things that matter to her feeling. She's the type of female that it is okay to have a boyfriend or not. Doesn't really care about marriage. Deep down inside, I truly love her and wish she could be the last person I want to be with. Every time I look at our pictures, OMG, I miss her so much, but I think I need to give her some space. Really need to learn to be more open to her even the little and small and simple things because they are really matter for her. Last thing she broke up with me is because I distrust her feeling toward me over a simple thing. This is not occur only once but a few times already but with different problems within a year of our relationship. The point is, she care so much about trust in simple things while I couldn't realize what they were, until the day she broke up with me. Regret comes last.

So, why did she brake up with me? She knows I smoke cigarette and she let me, but sometimes she reminded me not to smoke too much. I tried to reduce smoking in front of her and she thought that I smoke less. One time she was about to take a shower, and I was waiting for her to get into the bathroom then I want to smoke. The moment I want to pick up my cigarette, she went out of the bathroom and saw me picking up the cigarette. I was a bit shock. She noticed that and she asked me what happen. Out of the blue I said I wanna smoke but I am afraid if I smoke too much, she wouldn't be happy. Then after she had a shower she decided to break up with me. It is just one example about simple thing matters to her.

Very simple thing, but means a lot to her. She said, if you are trying to hide something that I already allow you to do, how about things that I do not allow you?
This simple mistakes that I made added up through out our one year relationship but with different problems. She just finally had enough and she told me she can't do it anymore. I was begging for one last chance but she still said no. And by the way, she is a really hard headed person.

Tried to discuss with my brother, and he told me that I am holding back myself in front of her just to look nice and good in front of her. He told me just be myself. Don't try to be somebody that she likes, but be myself and see if she can accept me or not. And by the way, she told me about this as well.

As I was searching information from google. After the break up, give her some space for about a month and try to contact her again. I am afraid that one month will be too long and she might forget about me by then. From the day we broke up, I told her I will come again this week and if she is not home I will wait for her. Sounds so desperate isn't it? What confuse me is if I come to her house this week, she would think I am desperate. If I don't come back this week, she might think I don't really want to see her again since I said I would come back, and she might just say "that's it."

Do I want to get back with her? Yes. Am I afraid if she still holding on to her decision? Of course. If I see her within a week, she might be still too emotional.
Let's say she decides to give it another shot. What I am afraid is about keeping it and afraid that this problem would occur again in the future.

Sorry for the long essay and hope to get some inputs about this matter.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,241 • Replies: 1
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2016 12:53 pm
I suspect there's more to the story than what you wrote, but the smoking issue was the final straw.

It sounds like the smoking issue was IMPORTANT to her and you did not pick up on that. Your trying to smoke at a time when you thought you could get away with it (she was in the shower) caused a blow up; it might be that she thought you were sneaky. Women don't like sneaky men.

Find someone who does not mind the smoking. Apparently that is more important than your GF or your health.
0 Replies