I must beat this.

Fri 15 Jan, 2016 07:36 am
Hi everyone,

I struggle with sleeping everyday and it is starting to impact my life even more. I would get so much more done if I slept better.

I'm looking to get motivated in order to beat this once and for all so would love to hear what positive things motivate you to getting rid of your insomnia.

I know it would give me more energy to enjoy the things I have in my life as well as performing better at work.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,120 • Replies: 7
Topic Closed
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Fri 15 Jan, 2016 09:43 am
@sleepgary,
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/how-sleep-better/

Documentary by Prof. Robert Winston.

He is the bees knees, so to speak.

Lordyaswas

Fri 15 Jan, 2016 09:45 am
@Lordyaswas,
0 Replies

sleepgary

Fri 15 Jan, 2016 10:32 am
@Lordyaswas,
Thanks

I will be sure to check this out.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Fri 15 Jan, 2016 11:09 pm
@Lordyaswas,
That was quite interesting to watch.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 15 Jan, 2016 11:31 pm
I'm odd, which by now I will cheerfully admit. I didn't know until my forties that I was night blind, though I had guessed it and got checked, retinitis pigmentsosa. To cut my own story short, my own stuff is stable.

In any case, I was a kid, interested in reading, and so my parents let me put on a light;

I still read at night with a light or mild lights around. First, I need to be able to see, but more, I need to be able to read.

Books can make me sleep soon. Very soon, but I like them being there.

So, what works for me my well be opposite of other advice.
0 Replies

SlickSleep

Fri 19 Feb, 2016 11:42 am
@sleepgary,
I liked the book "The Miracle Morning". It basically set a positive standard for the entire day by starting my routine at the same time each morning and devote an hour or 2 to myself. Depending on the day, I would meditate, exercise, do something for myself, etc all before everyone else was awake.

I then tried to set my bedtime the same each night and lay off every possible stimulant you could imagine 2 hours prior: Caffeine, alcohol, smoking, Heavy exercise, Big meal, etc. I also tied in some environmental calming features for the bedroom like aromatherapy, air purifiers, room darkening shades.
0 Replies

chirchri

Thu 25 May, 2017 08:21 pm
As someone who has struggled with falling asleep over the last year, I can tell you some of the strategies I use to speed up the time it takes for me to fall asleep. Sometimes it was the stress of upcoming assessments or decisions that kept me awake, but other times I just couldn't fall asleep. I found that when I stopped stressing about falling asleep or getting enough hours sleep, I seemed to have a slightly easier time falling asleep.
0 Replies