Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 01:56 am
I fell in love with a guy three years ago.weve been dating for two years now..he has been my best friend introduced me to everyone in thea home.i am 21 recently he claimed I've been cheating on him that's 4 months ago..I didn't cheat or ever done anything to raise suspicion but he says I did..we've argued for all that period we've even broken up and made up again.we love each other but he finds fault in little things I say and uses it against me..so now he asked me if we could meet next week and break up..I love him don't want to lose him

roger

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 02:05 am
@Sweetieh,
Seriously? He wants to meet and break up. I realize this is what you said
Quote:
I love him don't want to lose him,
, but I'm thinking you should tell him it's way too late for that kind of meeting because you are already gone.
Sweetieh

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 03:01 am
@roger,
Would that make him better he recently has mood swings and picks arguments over almost everything
roger

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 03:40 am
@Sweetieh,
It just keeps getting worse. I doubt anyone has been influenced by advice, but the guy doesn't sound like an acceptable partner for anyone. I can only suggest you stand back and read what you have written as if it were written by someone else.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 04:53 am
@roger,
The conventional wisdom is that you should break up in person... but setting up a meeting with the explicit purpose of breaking up seems to defeat the purpose.

This relationship is over... it is time to grieve a little and then to move on. It is always hard, but we all go through it. You are under no obligation to go to this "meeting"... and like Roger, I would just skip it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 06:31 am
@Sweetieh,
Agree with the other two posters. There is no reason to have a meeting if you already know what it's going to be about.

He wants a meeting to either -
  • be unkind in person (not so nice)
  • demand some of his things back (he can do this over the phone or in an email) or
  • because he's heard it's usual a classier move

It often is a kinder move, but I don't think so in this case. You both know what's going on; it's all over but the shouting.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 06:33 am
I agree with the others. He might also be doing this because he loves melodrama, and sees himself as the hero of his own life's movie.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 03:12 pm
@Sweetieh,
I can't agree more with the answers from the members here as advice given and thoughts of his personality.

He sounds to me as if he likes drama and likes to control you. Put fear in you that he will leave you. Then at some point, takes you back, this is going to be an on-going occurance in my opinion, because I believe that he thinks, this will make you love him more. You know, "OMG nooooooooooooo" .... but I love him!!!!!

It also sounds to me as if, just because you've met his family (is it long distance?), that means he will marry you.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Ask yourself this. Do you want someone to constantly throughout your whole life, love and leave you, claim you are cheating, put you down, tell you, you are not good enough, the things you do aren't good enough.

Do you, realllllly want that in your life? One would think you would want nothing but happiness and trust.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 04:11 pm
@Sweetieh,
You fell in love with someone that interested you, but you didn't really know him. He is not loving you, as in real love of the long time sort.
I agree with all posting so far, get away from this guy, don't take the break up meeting bait.

There are many fish in the sea, as they say, and you are way better off without him. Respect yourself more.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 05:10 pm
@Sweetieh,
Okay, for the sake of argument, I'm going to assume that you've asked him to produce the evidence that has convinced him that you've cheated on him. And I'm going to also assume that he was unable to produce it. If these assumptions are correct, there is no reason for you to see him as anything other than one who believes you are a devious liar. The only question left after that is: What are you going to do about it?

There is also another possibility. Perhaps he has cheated on you, and his accusing you of doing the same is a way for him to justify his own infidelity. It would be so much easier on his conscience if you were somehow as guilty as he was. Though it is not a rule of thumb, a lot of people trust others only as far as they trust themselves; that is, a lot of people use themselves as the standard against which to judge all others.

0 Replies