Texting question

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 04:13 pm
I've had problems with my husband and emotional cheating. As far as I know it has never been physical. He blocked the affair partners phone number in his phone but i noticed the next day that he had a Text from his own contact info with TEST, TEST, TEST in the body of the text. I thought it was strange since the text was coming from himself. There was one grey box with TEST, TEST, TEST and one green as if he was testing either another device or something to see if texts were coming through. I automatically jumped to the assumption that he had devised a way to contact the affair partner so he could convince me she was not contacting him through his phone. He swears he has no idea where the text came from or doesn't remember texting TEST. Can anyone shed some light on why he would have a text message from his own contact info with that content? I have wracked my brain trying to imitate that on my own phone. With sprint is you text your own number a weird name comes up not your own. He is on AT&T.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,658 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Medusax

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 07:36 pm
@Milliondollaragent,
I just ended a long relationship over the phone situation. I would say that he is beyond a doubt up to something. I heard so many lies towards the end of my time with that idiot that I will never trust what any man says ever again. I also heard, ad nauseum, I SWEAR it isn't like that". Blah blah blah.
0 Replies

Sylvia Smith

Reply Fri 27 Nov, 2015 06:06 am
@Milliondollaragent,
Quote:
I've had problems with my husband and emotional cheating. As far as I know it has never been physical. He blocked the affair partners phone number in his phone but i noticed the next day that he had a Text from his own contact info with TEST, TEST, TEST in the body of the text. I thought it was strange since the text was coming from himself. There was one grey box with TEST, TEST, TEST and one green as if he was testing either another device or something to see if texts were coming through. I automatically jumped to the assumption that he had devised a way to contact the affair partner so he could convince me she was not contacting him through his phone. He swears he has no idea where the text came from or doesn't remember texting TEST. Can anyone shed some light on why he would have a text message from his own contact info with that content? I have wracked my brain trying to imitate that on my own phone. With sprint is you text your own number a weird name comes up not your own. He is on AT&T.

He's probably up to something. If he refuses to admit, just observe what he does in the next few days / months. You will know if he was lying or not. Just don't react too much now. Just wait, observe and be vigilant of what is happening around you.
0 Replies

Milliondollaragent

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 10:37 am
Thank you so much for your responses. I've been married 20 years and cannot believe all that has come out in the last month. Going to counseling doesn't seem to help since I feel he just tells the counselor what she wants to hear. He swears there is nothing going on with anyone and he has been faithful to me. I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm tired of the constant checking on him. I'm a total wreck. This is not his first offense. He has blocked this last person on his phone and per the counselors instructions has promised to let me know if she tries to contact him in another way. I hope I can believe that.
0 Replies