Politicians: How Blatantly They Lie To Us

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 10:54 am
This is a great example of how politicians knowingly lie to us. Not picking on Nixon, we knew he lied, but this story shows how they will lead a nation's policies in the opposite direction of what they know to be true for their own personal reasons. I don't know if there is a single president for which this is not true. It is certainly true of the current one.

From Washingto Post article on Bob Woodward's latest book:

Quote:
Nixon’s note to Henry Kissinger, then his national security adviser, on Jan. 3, 1972, was written sideways across a top-secret memo updating the president on war developments. Nixon wrote: “K. We have had 10 years of total control of the air in Laos and V.Nam. The result = Zilch. There is something wrong with the strategy or the Air Force.”

The day before he wrote the “zilch” note, Nixon was asked about the military effectiveness of the bombing by Dan Rather of CBS News in an hour-long, prime-time television interview. “The results have been very, very effective,” Nixon declared.

Nixon’s private assessment was correct, Woodward writes: The bombing was not working, but Nixon defended and intensified it in order to advance his reelection prospects. The claim that the bombing was militarily effective “was a lie, and here Nixon made clear that he knew it,” Woodward writes.

End Quote
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 992 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 10:58 am
Not only Politicians.

Mention scientists, bankers, medical doctors, priests, and so on and so forth

Therefore, it is easier to ask who doesn't lie?
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 11:13 am
@Quehoniaomath,
I am not affected by their lies if I choose to ignore them. I don't have that advantage with politicians.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 11:14 am
@Leadfoot,
yes you are. Because you are daily bombarded with their lies.

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 11:17 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Bombarded or not, I can ignore them. As I think I should do with you.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2015 11:18 am
@Leadfoot,
Do whatever you want to. No, you can't ignore them because they are all over the place Think mainstream media and what have you.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 06:17 pm
Clear Labs today reports that 10% of vegetarian hotdogs contain meat.

Do they really think we give a ****?

Oh yeah, the WHO also reported that processed meats and regular old red meat causes cancer. **** you WHO. I'm going to have a double portion of sausage tomorrow in honor of your revelation...

I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement of the class action law suit against the guilty hotdog makers. I need the laugh.

No wonder politicians think they can get away with it. They CAN!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 06:40 pm
Quote:
116-year-old American Susannah Mushatt Jones, the official Guiness World Record holder, even had bacon on her 116th birthday cake, along with chicken drumsticks — her other favourite food.
The healthy centenarian is a living contradiction to an evaluation of more than 800 studies from several continents linking meat and cancer, that saw the WHO classify processed meat as “carcinogenic to humans” — in the same category as cigarettes — and red meat as “probably carcinogenic to humans”.

You go girl!
0 Replies