Is my bf controlling?

Jmw2owl

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 03:33 am
Ill start by saying that im 25 ive been with my bf for a year now and its my longest relationship. For awhile now ive had the thought lingering in the back of my head that i might be happier single than in the relationship. We have been through a lot together and some things that happen i make sense of it being that its normal in a long term relationship but i dont have any good role models in my family. Both parents have been married and divorced three times. Anyways, ill try to explain things in the simplest way possible.
I havent had a license our entire relationship and weve pretty much lived together its entirety too because of home issues for myself. When we fight its because he gets angry that i dont clean or doesnt have clean clothes or dishes werent done. Were always fighting about money. For the most part i have made more than him. I work full time. He has had five different jobs. He has told me he lost a couple of jobs because of taking me to work but when i ask him if i should get a ride so hes not late he says its fine and even when he can rush to be on time its like he doesnt care. He has also told me if it wasnt for him taking me to work i would have never gotten my promotion. We also have fought because he has gone thru my phone and seen me venting to my friend or mom about him and he gets mad that im talking to people about our problems which i get. I find myself not going out to the bar or anything anymore we always just stay at home and i usually dont go places without him because if i tell him a time and im out longer hes texting or calling. We almost broke up over it the last time and i didnt even have much fun with him repeatedly calling but i also wouldnt talk to him so that was wrong of me. Anytime i talk ab getting a second job its a fight because i dont have a license and we only have my car for when i do get my license back. (this month) the car is breakinv down if i might add. And id hate to say it but i think its his fault. He wants to use it as a trade in for a new car but i dont want to so i have one too for when i get my license back,and thats a fight. We have had 4 or 5 really bad fights and things have gotten violent. For example the last one i was sitting on the stool and he kept pushing my nerves til finally i got so anxious i threw his keys to leave and he came over and put his hands around my throat i ended up getting up and shoving him. He let go and got upset bcause i looked at the knife on the counter thinking i was gonna use it on him. I dont remember the thought ever crossing my mind but idk because i was scared. I also think if i wouldnt have thrown his keys i wouldnt have pushed him to that point. Could someone whos been in long term relationships tell me are these all things were supposed to work past and grow stronger from or am i right to believe that these things arent right?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 540 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 05:43 am
@Jmw2owl,
With all you have written, these are not just growing pains or something that'll pass.

This is an important issue (not the most important one) but get your license back. Stop drinking to excess. I might be guessing wrongly here but did you lose it do to drinking and driving?

Most importantly, get professional help! You're in far more danger than a bad relationship. His physical responses and violence toward you and your provocation of him is an indicator you're in REAL DANGER.

The job issues, the telephone snooping...all of that finger-pointing is an indicator neither of you should be in this relationship.

Quote:
Could someone whos been in long term relationships tell me are these all things were supposed to work past and grow stronger from or am i right to believe that these things arent right?

Seriously? I think and hope you know the answer to this one.

Stop the madness NOW!
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 08:04 am
ONE year and all this happens?? Yikes, are you a crisis collector?

Get a place of your own and get counseling.

You are going to repeat this mistake of hooking up with c0-abusers if you don't get some help.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 08:41 am
@Jmw2owl,
whoa

the two of you really are bad together

living together seems to be a recipe for disaster

find a new place to live, but even before that (if there is a delay) move the car elsewhere and make other arrangements for transportation to work

consider counselling
Jmw2owl

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 03:17 am
@Ragman,
I didnt lose my license to drinking and driving. String of bad luck where my insurance ran out and i didnt reinstate it yet. And i also dont drink hardly anymore because we fight when we drink together and he doesnt like when i go without him. I somehow knew this is a toxuc relationship already but i feel stuck with nowhere to go..
0 Replies

Jmw2owl

Reply Thu 8 Oct, 2015 03:24 am
@ehBeth,
Theres no way to move the car or move out. I dont makr enough money to be able to put back to do any of it. Im stuck. With no where to go and noone to help...every time i bring up a second job he gives me an ulitmatum..the last one being he would get rid of my cats.. And now that its time to get my license back he tell me im gonna have to wait because my insurance is gonna be too expensive...and hes ran my car into the geound..my trannys slipping. So now the only way out of this is a new car and a new apt. Im so unhappy but i make myself happy because its my only option. And im crying while writing this....something that just recently happened was i got injured at work (my foot) i went back to work limping after two days because i couldnt afford to be off any longer and and for a week now he did nothing to help in the house. The sink was jammed packed full with dishes. The apt a disaster. Laundry not done. He was off all day today and started laundry but never dried and did like 5 dishes..
0 Replies