In love with my friend

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 05:52 pm
I am a 24 year old bi-curious girl. I came out of a 5 year relationship with a man about 9 months ago. I have only (with the exception of early teen experimentation) been with men. I met this girl, lets call her annie, at work 2 years ago. Once we got to know each other we just clicked, I found myself wanting to as much time as possible with her. We went through very similar break ups at the same time and bonded over it, it was only when she revealed that her Jamie was female that I suddenly understood what I had formerly perceived as a weird fascination and obsession, for what it really was...is. There are definite vibes between us, I even stay at her house in her bed but neither of us ever make a move. I'm scared to make a move in case it ruins our friendship and I've never been with a woman so I would have no idea what I would be doing. ANY advice please, its starting to make me depressed that I'm having to repress these feelings.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,190 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 06:31 pm
@dazednconfused90,
I like communications. That is, talk a bit.

"Annie, I love how we're good friends. I was wondering, though ...."

Otherwise, you're left wondering what if, and you're repressing your true feelings in the matter. At least you know she's open to it! We see lots of folks who come through here who aren't even sure of that, which is a pretty fundamental thing, I'd say. You are WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY ahead of the game.

Will it ruin the friendship? That is not outside the realm of possibility, so brace yourself as it could happen. At the same time, either something wonderful could happen or she is at least the good friend to you that she has been all along and lets you down gently.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
0 Replies

srila

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2015 10:40 am
@dazednconfused90,
My advice to talk to her about it and take it very slowly. You may loose her if you go fast at it. Do you think she has the feelings for you? Start talking a little about relationships and some times about such relationships. You can easily find out if she has the same type of feelings. Very good luck. Keep me posted
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Sep, 2015 10:41 am
@dazednconfused90,
Talk.

It's a good thing.
0 Replies