Men: Define "Needy".

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 07:58 am
What behavior that comes from women, or partners that make men feel, believe or think that they're being "NEEDY" and does it repel you?

maxdancona

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 08:11 am
@darkakari,
If you ask 5 men this question, you are going to get at least 5 answers.

Every person is different. Every relationship is different. You have to talk to your partner. The word "needy" has never seemed relevant in any of my relationships.

darkakari

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 09:42 am
@maxdancona,
Well one of my friends wishes his significant other would be that way, he says she's very independent, and can be distant. I know he cares for her, but she's not sure if she is ready to be that serious yet, what makes it worse is she doesn't want to tell him. I won't because they're my best friends and I don't wanna come between them.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 10:05 am
@darkakari,
All you can do for your friends is encourage them to speak with each other.

Just as I would encourage you to speak to the man you're involved with.

It's a general real-life practice for me. When someone want to talk about their partner/relationship, I encourage them to speak to their partner. I'm not part of their relationship.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 10:20 am
I think what you mean is that this man wants his GF to NEED him. That is not the same as him wanting her to be "needy."

A woman who is very independent may not allow a man to do things for her that he may want to (buy her things, order her dinner at a restaurant, take care of her car or provide other things for her, support her financially). She will not wait for a man, put up with foolishness or get her identification from being his girl friend. She is probably very successful in life or her business. She may even earn more than her BF. She may not even want to ever get married.

Your friend does not want a "needy" woman but he might want a woman who needs a man in her life.

Does this make sense?
engineer

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 10:45 am
Needy has a very negative connotation. It implies someone who continuously needs emotional reinforcement from her significant other to the point where it is emotionally draining.
0 Replies

darkakari

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 08:02 pm
@PUNKEY,
This is exactly it, but I was going away from my initial question. I really do mean what I asked.
0 Replies