Why is that white people are so racist?

Dave270

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2015 07:11 pm
This is my history a black guy living in Newcastle Upon Tyne England struggling with institutional and individual racism.

I know most white people are racist but I didn't realised until know how deep racism embedded in their mind & culture. Why is that most white people cannot see a person beyond skin colour and you thrive off other race misery why? Where i live your qualification and talent doesn’t count but your skin does if you have white skin.

I have tried to apply over 2000 jobs for the past two years and I had been rejected by 99.9% of white recruitment agencies and HR people. Most white people never give me a chance when I applied with my real name. But when I change my name to white sounding name and applied, I was immediately accepted and the job offer coming like a flood they thought I was a white person very sad. The saddest thing is the majority of white people pretend to be colour blind but behind close door you guys are the coldest heart & cruelest people I have ever seen.

I wrote is because i am tired of rejection and denied equal opportunity to test my hard working fruit for no reason, it’s so hard being a degree graduate black man in white world; however you white guys maybe one day you might open your cold heart for other people like me who are subjected to your institutional racism & cruelty from all racist white recruitment agencies and HR office.

jespah

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2015 04:50 am
@Dave270,
So, they took, I dunno, 1% of all people of color and extrapolated that onto you. Which is prejudice, yes?

And, let's see, the UK census (see: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/mro/news-release/census-result-shows-increase-in-population-of-the-north-east/censusnortheastnr0712.html) puts the population of Newcastle Upon Tyne at 280,200 in 2011, the latest year for which figures are available.

Wikipedia puts the 2006 (again, latest date available) figure for European population at over 816M (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_world#cite_note-28).

So, you took less than 1% of the population of Europe and extrapolated that onto the world.

Which is exactly the same kind of prejudgement you're talking about, yes?

I want to make one thing clear: I am no apologist for racists. But I do enjoy pointing out irony when I see it.
Dave270

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 08:12 am
@jespah,
Re: The statistic you put in is irrelevant, sorry but it does not make any sense, i am talking about my experience. " So, you took less than 1% of the population of Europe and extrapolated that onto the world." i don't know where you live but most Europe country are racist. Have you ever watch a football match in most European country such as, Spain, Russia, Germany and all of Eastern Europe so they are not 1% of the population as you mentioned much like 95 % the population to me. So there is no the irony to point out sir.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 08:22 am
@Dave270,
Quote:
I know most white people are racist but I didn't realised until know how deep racism embedded in their mind & culture.

To answer your question directly, White people are racist because they are human beings. Every culture has racism... of course in order to have institutional racism you need to be a dominant ethnic group.

White people are the dominant ethnic group in England. And yes, there is racism.

That being said, modern Western culture, including England, is remarkable in the fact that racial issues are being discussed and that people are trying to make positive changes.

maxdancona

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 08:26 am
@Dave270,
Quote:
The saddest thing is the majority of white people pretend to be colour blind but behind close door you guys are the coldest heart & cruelest people I have ever seen.

This is not a very good attitude to take as a job seeker. When I interview people, my biggest question (as important as technical ability) is whether I want to work with them or not. If I am going to be spending 40 hours a week with you including having to come to agreements on difficult technical problems, I want to be darn sure that you are going to be easygoing and good to work with.

I have hired people of several different races. I have never hired someone I thought had a bad attitude.
Dave270

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 08:30 am
@maxdancona,
Re: maxdancona,

"modern Western culture, including England, is remarkable in the fact that racial issues are being discussed and that people are trying to make positive changes."

Mmmm which western country you talking about, i live in England where racism is acceptable in most white people's mind, i can see it every day and every where i go but you can not see it because it does not effect your life, it's not your problem simple is that. Also there is no racial issues discussion in England they are happy as it is, most white people are uncomfortable to talk about racism. You know it inside you the answer why?
0 Replies

Dave270

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 09:08 am
@maxdancona,
Re: maxdancona,

"This is not a very good attitude to take as a job seeker. When I interview people, my biggest question (as important as technical ability) is whether I want to work with them or not. If I am going to be spending 40 hours a week with you including having to come to agreements on difficult technical problems, I want to be darn sure that you are going to be easygoing and good to work with."

I am sure when you interview people you use your above technique if the applicant are all white, but if the applicant are black i doubt it you will give them even the same chance as white applicant. I experience white racism first hand so i know very well when white people trying to be so nice in front of you, i know what they are thinking after ward i don't buy that. I doubt it even there are fair white people out there to being with.

Sorry but for most white managers and recruitment agencies your skin colour is more important than your qualification.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 29 Aug, 2015 07:07 pm
How do any black people work in England if the racism is so wide spread? There are black people that do work in England, right? They're not all unemployed louts living off the Governments teat are they? I would think that the majority of blacks in England probably have jobs doing something.

Maybe the problem isn't that you are black, maybe the problem is that you are a jackass and they don't wish to hire you? Just throwing that out there. I mean I don't even know you.
Dave270

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:49 am
@McGentrix,
Yes there are many black people working and doing underpaid jobs, that most white people thinks **** job. I live in North east of England the equivalent of Deep South in USA if you know what i mean.

" Maybe the problem isn't that you are black, maybe the problem is that you are a jackass and they don't wish to hire you"

You probably are white what do you know about discrimination and you don't understand racism, even if i provided evidence still you will going to say some thing to undermined my experience. Also you are not the first person to say this to deny racism exist.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 09:28 pm
@Dave270,
I am not denying that racism doesn't exist, that would be foolish.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:25 pm
@Dave270,
Quote:
You probably are white what do you know about discrimination and you don't understand racism, even if i provided evidence still you will going to say some thing to undermined my experience.

Do you see the irony here?

The definition of prejudice is making a judgement before you know the facts. Racial prejudice is just prejudice that is based on race.

You don't know me. I probably have posted the color of my skin around here somewhere (if you want to look it up). You certainly don't know the color of the skin of my kids, or the color of the skin of my sisters.

You don't know what experience I have had with racism. You don't know what knowledge I have about racism. And, based on your post, you certainly don't know how many people of color I have hired.

You are not only saying that White people are racist, but you are also saying the White people have no understanding of racism. And you say this solely based on the color of their skin.
saab

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 04:37 am
@Dave270,
You have been rejected when applying for about 2000 jobs,
Do you really think it only has to do with race.
What kind of CV do you have? Maybe you need help to write a better one.
With better I mean correct spelling etc.
As far as I know you do not send a picture with your CV in UK. So how can people be racist when not know your race.
Do you apply for a job which fit your qualifications or do you apply for job fitting your dreams?

Personally have have seen both black and white people working at McDonald`s and have seen both black and white doctors and judges in UK.
Dave270

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 12:38 pm
@McGentrix,
If you are not denying racism, so what are you saying then, what i posted in my original post is my racism experience and you are quick to paint me as a jackass.
0 Replies

Dave270

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 01:15 pm
@maxdancona,
If most white people understand racism and the consequence or effect of racism upon color people, there will be very few racist incident in work place or in hiring process or very where. Also hand full of white people experienced racism like name calling or something, this not racism it's called bullying. There is no a white person will tell you he didn't get a job because he was white or he didn't get bank loan because he was white.

My prejudice doesn't effect any white peoples life but white people's prejudice will destroy any person of colors life in a second. You know last time i check most power belong to white people that why you see discrimination thrive very where and alive.

I'm not denying about you hiring color people, yes you may hired color people where you work but when comes to equal opportunities or promotion, GOD knows how you company operates.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 01:33 pm
@Dave270,
There are white people who have had difficulty getting a job or a bank loan because he was gay, or because she was a woman. Would you deny that white people face discrimination (not because of race, but for other reason)?

Do you support the struggle of homosexual men and women to get equal rights?

RABEL222

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 01:47 pm
@maxdancona,
Racism is hatred of a group who are different from another group. It can be, you name it.
0 Replies

Dave270

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 01:56 pm
@saab,
"You have been rejected when applying for about 2000 jobs,
Do you really think it only has to do with race.
What kind of CV do you have? Maybe you need help to write a better one.
With better I mean correct spelling etc."

Dear Saab trust me there is no a single spelling mistake, my CV rewrite and checked by processionals it's perfect. Yes i really do think 95%of them are related to race what happened to me.

The problem is i have non white sounding name if you read carefully i mentioned in my original post. It's easy to spot my name and to know i'm a color person or not white, some company even ask me to send my picture after they put me in the short list. Also i always apply for a job that my qualifications fit or less than my qualification such as Data entry or Admin, never apply for my dream job i know i'll never get that one. Bare in mind i have Degree & Diploma.

Thanks anyway for your replay you have put some good point but i have done all of them.

0 Replies

Dave270

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2015 02:11 pm
@maxdancona,
You see you don't understand racism i said before and i'll say it again. If you are gay and white you can pretending to be heterosexual until you get a Bank loan or a job but if you are black you black you can't change a dam thing to pretending some one else , do you get it now it's very simple. Also there is no a single white women that get rejected bank loan because of she is white women that is lie.

"Do you support the struggle of homosexual men and women to get equal rights?"
Yes i support the equal right of homosexual men and women. i understand very well the feeling of discrimination and hopelessness.
0 Replies

Smithy5386

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 12:48 am
@Dave270,
I think everyone's racist on some level whether they admit it or not (it could be said that the title of your post is racist).

But to get to the main point of your question, as a white person looking at the world I see (or get the impression) that most of the countries which are primarily populated by black people are problematic. Whether that's in terms of bad governance, low productivity, high crime rates or all three. On this point, if you're looking for the main cause of racism I think it is probably Africa. A continent with likely more natural resources than anywhere else in the world but it just can't get its **** together - no matter how much help, and how many billions of dollars are poured into it. Even South Africa, which should be an example to the rest of the continent, is a joke. What does a government like that say about Africa to the rest of the world?

The second point is that that wherever large populations of black people settle in the world, these areas seem to become as problematic as the countries from which they originate - high crime rates, etc. You can call up whatever sociological reasons are behind this, but the bottom line is that no one cares if a group of Japanese people or German people move into the neighbourhood, and there has to be a reason behind that (not 'racism', but what underpins it).

People can't talk about racism honestly, so the debate is always clouded. It must be horrible to be a decent, hard-working black person and face discrimination, but people aren't racist for fun, there's a natural, human thought process behind it. However unfair or unpleasant it is.

The above is just my half-baked opinion, a point of view which hopefully provides a some insight. I've always thought that racism should be defined by whether or not you (for whatever reason) hate an entire race of people. In my opinion only a moron would hate an entire race of people but races are different,they have different characteristics, however much the liberal world would like to prove that we're all exactly the same. I think that until people admit to that the debate is pointless.

Finally, I'd just like to highlight, in case it's not obvious, that's it's not my intention to cause hurt or offence with what I've written.
Lash

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2015 06:42 am
Interesting aside: My 10th grade students recently conducted a Socratic Seminar focusing on the text and social ramifications of MLK's "Letter From Birmingham Jail," and I was BOWLED OVER at 1. How much they didn't know 2. How they processed the information and 3. the uncommonly beautiful conclusions they discussed.

After they analyzed the letter and watched footage from the era, discovered actual Jim Crow laws...one (white) student's question to the multiracial panel was: "Why would white people want to do these things to black people?"

One of my most thoughtful students said: "After all the white people had done to black people - beating them, killing them, making unjust laws for them... Whites were afraid. Wouldn't you be afraid if someone you had tortured - whose family you had murdered - who you had in chains - suddenly was your equal? I would be." Most of the students agreed. Fear.

Could you, the oppressor, now become the oppressed?

Anyway, thoughts from a high school in the Deep South, where unusually large Confederate flags billow in the wind behind pick-up trucks.