Why is he sending confusing signals?

kavi

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 02:21 am
There is this guy I met couple of weeks ago. Since the meeting, there was instant connection and we both had a lot inline. He was introduced to me by a male friend. We had initially met for a business deal and following that he called me on the next day. He was asking about my family ,etc and the next day I had called him. He was using words such as ‘daring and dear’. After some days, I and my friend visited his office and we had a long chat professionally. During that, he mentioned that he has a girl friend in the same industry..but I don’t believe it is true because he was sending me signals that he likes me and i guess that he was just trying to see my reaction. I didn't react Smile After the meeting, I had called him to talk about a business deal that we had discussed earlier and he didn’t pick the phone. I texted him and I didn’t get any replies. Later on, after one week I got a message from him saying thank you . I saw him online in facebook when I had sent the text initially and just wondering why he took one week to reply. For me, he seems to be a bit ego-centric. He is sending me confusing signals….such as he likes, he is already committed, he is busy etc..Now it seems I am confused and starting to fall in the game. Any ideas???? I have less dating experience…does he like me or is there anything beyond that??? Thank you. and What is the best way to deal with him?I may happen to meet him in future for my business. So how should I react? What is he exactly trying to tell?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,173 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 05:44 am
@kavi,
hmm.... Interesting. So he has GF, but plays with you. Maybe it's just harmless game or he is unhappy with current relationship or (that would I behave Smile ) OK with current relationship but honing his seduction skill. And probably successfully.

I don't think question is what HE's up to. Question is what you want. Do you want to take a risk dealing with guy with another girl? (I am not saying yes or no. Just asking). Simply answer to yourself.

To your second question, it's very easy to overcome this game a) play along. If you are "dear" he's "honey". That will confuse him. Imitate all his tricks. Also, make sure you have other interesting males around you so you are not stuck with him in your thoughts all day long. You need people who will provide you with similar emotional swig as he does. So you are not attached to him.

Does that answer your question?
jespah

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 06:24 am
@kavi,
He's a business person and he's rather clumsily not closing the deal. And that's not code for anything. He's buying your handmade wool sweaters or is selling you website hosting or whatever.

Except for the pet names thing, that is all I am seeing. And BTW, men used to (and apparently still do) sometimes call women that as either a sexist thing or because they couldn't remember their names.

That's all it is. It's business. And, next time, keep your personal stuff and Facebook out of your business dealings. He was out of line to ask about your family. You never need to answer questions like that.
vikorr

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 03:30 pm
@kavi,
Are you aware that there are a decent enough percentage of guys with whom women immediately experience 'an amazing connection'...who are just there to use women?

Just a possibility.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 03:45 pm
@kavi,
A lot of people have a flirtatious nature and there is nothing wrong with that, providing you remain without boundries if you are within a relationship. He sounds to me that he like any business person, who sees something in the future that can award him financially, attempt to also build a bit of a repour with that person, show personal interest.

The fact that he in my opinion "felt" that you saw more and straight up told you that his girlfriend was in the same Industry but you texted and called, he backed off for a week to ensure you realised the above.

There is nothing in this, no mixed signals.

The instant connection was as others have stated an excitement of a possible business venture down the track.
kavi

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 12:30 am
@Vernon of Prague,
Thank you so much for this detailed answer. I just doubted he lied about his gf intending to see my reaction. However, the point is that i don't want to risk myself with a man who is already engaged into a relationship Smile. Anyways, i am sure that he is upto playing and I don't want to get stuck in this risky game. Just let him go and mind my business...hope that sounds logical...thanxxx a lot....
kavi

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 12:33 am
@jespah,
Thanks Jespah. There is a possibility that he is trying to build a bond for business purposes; But just confused due to the way he addressed things personally. Anyways, your words are helpful and giving me a new thought. There is possibility for this as well Smile Thanks.
0 Replies

kavi

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 12:35 am
@vikorr,
A new perspective.....may be you see him as someone who is in hunt to use women? Possibly, I need to have my own boundaries Smile. Thank you Smile
0 Replies

kavi

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 12:40 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you. So is it that clear that there is nothing beyond business? mmm...I will keep my head keen to listen to his signals whether they are mixed or straightforward when i meet him next time Smile Waiting for a business deal Smile
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 03:48 am
@kavi,
I mean't within not without Smile

You have a crush, kinda cute but keep your heart locked sweet that's all I can state at this time and if I am wrong? Hey I'll admit it. From what you provided with info go and make some money Smile
0 Replies

Vernon of Prague

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 06:19 am
@kavi,
Quote:
Thank you so much for this detailed answer. I just doubted he lied about his gf intending to see my reaction. However, the point is that i don't want to risk myself with a man who is already engaged into a relationship Smile. Anyways, i am sure that he is upto playing and I don't want to get stuck in this risky game. Just let him go and mind my business...hope that sounds logical...thanxxx a lot...

Yes, if this is your stance, then leave him be. Give him a cold treatment, that discourages even the best players for sure.

I'm happy I could help Smile
0 Replies