Can anyone help to tell me why I've been feeling lightheaded or dizzy?

mks0031

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 03:35 pm
I am a 21 year old male in pretty good health. I work out 5 times a week. Yesterday morning while at work I started getting light headed. It isn't like a constant thing, it only happens when I look a certain way or do a certain movement (Haven't been able to pin point which movements cause it because its not consistent). I thought it was blood sugar or something of that sort. So I went through the usual process. Had my blood pressure taken and it was 130/78 so obviously not anything to worry about there. I had a slice of carrot cake and that didn't help. It just kind of disappeared last night so I stopped worrying. Then this morning as soon as I woke up and got out of bed, I walked out of my room and it was back. It has continued to stay with me all day. To describe the feeling it almost feels like when you're getting a buzz on from alcohol. Like you feel uncoordinated and slow and it just hits me for like maybe 2 seconds at a time then goes away. Does anyone have any idea what this could be related to?

--On a side note I started having palpitations about two months ago. I've got my second dr. appointment for them monday. Could they be the cause even though this hasn't been an issue the last two months??

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 761 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2015 03:39 pm
@mks0031,
Hard to say and I'm not a doctor. But I do get lightheadedness, and in me it's been called vasovagal episodes. But I've also got considerably lower blood pressure than you do.

Maybe ask for an EKG. They might want to give you one anyway, due to the palpitations. It's not necessarily bad (I've been told that what I've got might be a little alarming, but it's not dangerous. The same may be true for you), but either way, it's better to be sure.
0 Replies