Help, I have a crush on the crush of my friend

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 05:37 am
Hello,I apologize in advance for this ridiculous long post but I need to vent.
I have a problem. So I'm at university, and next year I'm moving in a house with two of my best friends. Let's call them Adam and Eve. I'm 21 years old, Eve and Adam are both 19. I study chemistry together with Adam, and the house where I will be moving into next year is of his grandfather. Adam and Eve already live in the house together with 2 other people, Lillo and Stitch (Lillo and stitch are respectively 26 and 27 years old).

I'm a Geek, I'm socially awkward, I play piano, have a big love for classical music (I'm a bit obsessed by it), and love reading old english literature. Eve is blond, beautiful and popular. Love's to go out, and is in love with everything that has a penis (her words not mine). She's also incredibly sweet, and I really value our friendship, she's the person with whom I can have girl talk.

Eve currently has a boyfriend, let's say Figaro. They've been dating know for a couple of months and I can see that the relationship is already going less strong. Right know we don't have class, we just have to study every day. Adam does this at his parents home, and eve does this at the little house together with Lillo and Stitch.

Because of this she's growing very close to Lillo and Stitch, and in particular Lillo. This is where it get's awkward, I have a huge crush on Lillo. I have since the day he talked to me. I haven't told anybody about this. Eve hasn't told me that she has a crush on Lillo, but I can tell this by the way she talks about him. She complements his physique, she sais how much fun she has with him, she always asks me what he will think about what she wears, etc..

Eve is dropdead gorgeous, I think every guy wants to be her girlfriend. However she is a completely different person compared to me. She gossips constantly, and asks everybody's opinion about everything and takes decisions based on that opinion. I don't know if this is somebody a 26 year old would want to date. I like to think I'm a bit more mature.

However there is also one thing you need to know (again sorry for the ridiculous long post). Eve, adam, Figaro and me often go out. And then there was this one night which involved a lot of vodka. I'm not going to lie, I like to drink and that night I just drank too much. I crossed a line which I won't ever cross again. I don't remember everything (like I said I drank to much, not proud of it), but luckily for me (so not lucky) Eve filmed most of it. In the video you can see me dancing, singing (even though I play for more then a decade piano, believe me I can not sing) and just saying weird embarrassing drunk things. There are also pictures of my head in bucket. Fun right, really things you wouldn't want to be showed to let's say .... the guy you have a crush on.

So yes that's what happened, Eve showed this to Lillo and Stitch. She acted as if she didn't know I didn't want it to be shown, but she knew damn well. I was there when she showed the video to Lillo and stitch (I actually ran in the room, yelling NOOOOOO!), and Lillo actually was really friendly. He said I could dance really well (I was dancing on furniture on macklemore, and I was dancing in a not so christian way). Afterwards he also asked Adam if I still felt bad that Eve showed it. He was really sweet about it.

Whenever I now come to the house, I once in a while talk to Lillo and Stitch. They usually initiate the conversation. Lillo once asked me what the situation was between me and Adam, and if I was dating another guy. I said that I wasn't dating Adam or any other guy. And then there was this one time where he called me cute. So I'm maybe thinking that maybe, very maybe I do have a chance with Lillo.

It's just that everything is so complicated now that I think that Eve also has a crush on him. An let's face it, I don't stand a chance against her. But I don't know if I could handle her telling me al sorts of intimate things about Lillo. I just feel so sad about the whole situation, cause for her he's just the next guy. While I'm already dreaming about introducing him to my parents. I've never had this about any guy before.

I don't know if I should mention it to her, or maybe say something to Lillo...

Thank for reading this post, or maybe reading a part of it (sorry )

jespah

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 05:42 am
Anyone who films you when you're drunk, without your consent, and then shows it to your friends in order to embarrass you, is far from sweet.

Pursue your crush (if you like), or not. Regardless of what your pal wants to do or who interests her. She has a boyfriend. She is technically off the table, but even if she wasn't, you are still allowed to live your life.

Date who you please and don't give it a second thought.
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 04:39 pm
@jespah,
I agree.

Keep Eve at a distance - or at least don't trust her. She sounds like a user and will do anything she can to get any female (like you) from her aim (male attention)

Disregard her as you move forward in pursuing your crush, but be aware that there is a huge gap in your ages (19 and 26) and he may see you both as little sisters.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 01:25 pm
@Sussana93,
Sussana93 wrote:
She's also incredibly sweet, and I really value our friendship,

she's not sweet and she's not your friend

______

you need to sort out more than your crush on Lilo.

you definitely need to rethink living with that group of people.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 31 May, 2015 01:54 pm
I agree with ehbeth.
You need to connect with people that share your attributes.
And you have plenty, believe me.
That group sounds self-centered and narcissistic.
They'll only slow your social and personal growth.
Celebrate your wonderful qualities

With those that can appreciate them
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2015 02:26 am
@Sussana93,
Sussana93 wrote:

There are also pictures of my head in bucket.

You could always go into politics like Lord Buckethead.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4050/4496806668_7e4788ecef_m.jpg
0 Replies