Is it ok for a 20 year old guy to date a 25 year old girl

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 04:22 am
What it says in the title. Also how possible is it that such a girl would be attracted to that younger guy

Ragman

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 04:27 am
@dolotrollo,
Why not? What's so strange about that. Haven't you hit puberty yet? Unless she's out of your league?
dolotrollo

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 04:30 am
@Ragman,
I myself don't think there is anything strange in particular, but just because of the 5 years difference I'm asking to see what other people think and what do you think would girls think it's a problem to date such a younger guy at that point?

And no she's not out of my league I'm a confident sexy man
Ragman

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 04:35 am
@dolotrollo,
If you are that confident, then why even ask?

Dating in your '20s should be fun and free. If she's looking for some fun, why not?
dolotrollo

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 04:42 am
@Ragman,
Because I'm interested to know even if she was attracted to me whether she would accept to go on a date because of the age difference

5 years aren't a small deal, (ofc much less than if I was in my 15s but still just wondering)
Ragman

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 04:46 am
@dolotrollo,
The only way to know is ask her out. You said you are a confident sort, right?

Women in their mid-20s often have a choice of men between those who are her own age and men in the early-30s.

I can only tell you the odds..and the odds are not an answer. The real answer comes when you ask her out. Why not ask her out for a cup of coffee or beverage first and see how it goes?
dolotrollo

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 05:00 am
@Ragman,
Yeah I'm going to do that
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 07:40 am
Depends on her lifestyle.

If she goes to bars, then you are out.

If she's looking for a tennis partner, then go for it.

I'd say that gap IS rather significant.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 07:54 am
Besides older guys, I dated two quite younger guys, both who became important and loved people in my life, one later my husband. Both were very interesting men. I recommend asking her out. If she is fine with it, it might go well or might not, for lots of reasons, one with two people having different maturities, but that is not always a clear difference, and the others, because things may not work out re other matters, as with anyone of any age.
0 Replies

dolotrollo

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 07:59 am
@PUNKEY,
what do you mean by if she goes to bars I am out?

she wouldn't consider dating someone like me or I shouldn't try to be with her
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 08:07 am
@dolotrollo,
Has she ever mentioned a problem with the age difference when you talk to her?
dolotrollo

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 08:16 am
@ehBeth,
No she hasn't, but we haven't talked a whole lot. She however engaged in conversation showing interest and also judging from her body language and how she was looking at me I'd say she likes me
BillRM

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 09:26 am
@dolotrollo,
Look you have zero to loss by finding out if she is willing to entertain having a relationship with you or not!!!!!!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 09:45 am
@dolotrollo,
Yes and yes. It depends on both the guy and young woman.

I can see in many cases though that a 25 year old woman would be a bit more mature and most likely why you are asking if it is ok. For example on average a 25 year old woman (she is not a girl) - may have finished college, been working in a full time position for several years, been completely on her own financially and otherwise. Where is - a 20 year old may still be in college and dependent more as a result on his parents ...

but this is not always the case - so it depends on the two individuals.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 09:46 am
@dolotrollo,
I guess you need to ask her out and see what happens.

I'd suggest a low-value date to start
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 09:47 am
@dolotrollo,
When I was in my late 20s I did date a guy about 4 years younger than me for a while --- I didn't have an issue, he was a nice guy, but it seems he was always waiting for me to dump him and seemed to be hung up on it. I think that is what did us in more than any age difference. His lack of security in himself.
0 Replies

fernandohernandez

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 03:56 am
@dolotrollo,
Now a days its not a problem on love a older girl.
0 Replies