Lash

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 07:12 am
@reasoning logic,
Here's some more cool Bernie news.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_574932bfe4b0dacf7ad50bdd
Bernie and Maher taunting The Orange One.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 03:07 pm
Nate Silver Says The System Isn’t ‘Rigged’ Against Sanders
Clinton’s winning because more Democrats want her to be the nominee.

Well, a funny thing happened in Washington on Tuesday: The state held a mail-in, beauty-contest primary — so voting was easy, but no delegates were at stake. (The Associated Press has declared Hillary Clinton the winner.) The results are still being finalized, but Clinton leads by about 6 percentage points with more than 700,000 votes counted. Sanders won the Washington caucuses, which had 230,000 participants, by 46 percentage points.

So, turnout was much higher in the Washington primary than in the caucuses, and Clinton did much better. Something similar happened in Nebraska, where Clinton lost the early March caucuses by 14 percentage points and won the early May primary, in which no delegates were awarded, by 7 points.

Nebraska and Washington are part of a pattern. As Sanders fans claim that the Democratic primary system is rigged against their candidate and that Sanders wins when turnout is higher, they fail to point out that Sanders has benefited tremendously from low-turnout caucuses. Indeed, if all the caucuses were primaries, Clinton would be winning the Democratic nomination by an even wider margin than she is now.

Read the whole article with tables and stats at:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-system-isnt-rigged-against-sanders/
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 06:00 pm
I tell you this one grumpy old man I would just as soon see go back into obscurity. He has gotten on my last nerve. I am beginning to really dislike him.

Sanders tries to get Clinton 'aggressive attack surrogates' off key campaign committees

If he don't like the DNC, get the heck the out.
roger

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 06:20 pm
@revelette2,
I admit to being surprised to see you citing Fox News.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 06:20 pm
@revelette2,
I get Bernie for the most part, but I haven't read all of his rants.

I happen not to like rants.
revelette2

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 06:22 pm
@roger,
It was on google news which happens to my homepage. Probably other places. I can't help it, I don't understand his appeal, I really don't like him. Never really did, but less so all the time the more he dumps on democrats. He should have ran as an independent, would have been more honest.
roger

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 06:29 pm
@revelette2,
I understand. I was just pulling your leg, and glad it didn't come off in my hand.

For myself, I still haven't decided which of the three remaining would be worse for my country. Every time I think my mind is made up, I think about the others.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 06:45 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I get Bernie for the most part, but I haven't read all of his rants.

I happen not to like rants.

You haven't missed much.
If you read one, you've read 'em all. He doesn't deviate much. Something to keep in mind - he's been spouting off about the same stuff for nearly 20 years as a congressman. His colleagues went almost en masse to Hillary. Why doesn't anyone who's worked with him in Congress for years think he's the better candidate? I know the Bernie faithfuls would say they're all corrupt, or bought off, or anything but the simplest explanation - they've experienced his hype for years, and they ain't buyin' it.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 07:02 pm
@snood,
I'm one who doesn't take him as insane re education/tuition. Cut out one of the the trillion dollar airplanes.
snood

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 07:14 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah I hear you - we could use the money wasted on military boondogles for things like Bernie's free education.

He's not crazy for wanting free education, or free healthcare. Who doesn't?He's crazy for not acknowledging it ain't gonna happen just because he wants it.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 07:24 pm
@snood,
But not actually crazy.

There is also the matter of our infrastructure.

So, it looks like I am all for Bernie, but

but, what. Hard to vote for her, hard to vote for him.
snood

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 07:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Well you have the privilege of getting to make that decision all by yourself.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 07:41 pm
@snood,
Yes to that. Manana, for me to fill out the form.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 08:04 pm
@snood,
[quote="snood" Something to keep in mind - he's been spouting off about the same stuff for nearly 20 years as a congressman. [/quote]

I'm kind of pickin' and chosin' from your post, but some might consider his consistency a virtue - especially compared to the other two.
snood

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 08:27 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

snood wrote:
Something to keep in mind - he's been spouting off about the same stuff for nearly 20 years as a congressman.

I'm kind of pickin' and chosin' from your post, but some might consider his consistency a virtue - especially compared to the other two.

OK, I'll grant you that some would give him kudos for consistency. One mans's broken record is another man's consistency. Bernie is a big hit - he knows how to say what the liberals want to hear - no doubt about that.

But I'll say it again - the people who are his coworkers in the House of Representatives - who have seen and heard his spiel for years are not impressed. They choose Hillary. Now, unless you want to foist that off as just another example of dirty Washington politics and say all those congressmen are corrupt - that should say something.
roger

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 08:49 pm
@snood,
That could be important. On the other hand, are you really that impressed with congress? See, one man's flaw is another man's virtue.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 08:51 pm
@snood,
Quote:
unless you want to foist that off as just another example of dirty Washington politics and say all those congressmen are corrupt - that should say something.

You set them straight snood. That kind of corruption may take part in many countries around the world but not here in the United States of Utopia where that kind of corruption does not exit. Rolling Eyes All of our congressmen look out for us and not themselves.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 10:14 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

That could be important. On the other hand, are you really that impressed with congress? See, one man's flaw is another man's virtue.

Not generally impressed with congress, but that clearly misses my very specific point. There are some ethical, well intentioned congress people. Not many maybe, but there are some. NONE of them think Bernie would be a better president than Hillary. At this point, it seems to me that you're obfuscating and may be doing so intentionally. So I'll just accept that you at least admitted that it MIGHT mean something that none of this liberal hero's coworkers would vote for him, and leave it there.
roger

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 11:31 pm
@snood,
That means you disagree? That's fine with me.
snood

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 12:35 am
@roger,
It's fine with you? Whew, what a relief.
0 Replies