ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 06:46 pm
@thack45,
or, sir.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 11:18 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I also like Bernie but he is as far to the left as the teabaggers are to the right and I am afraid he will run off some of the middle of the roaders and as you say make some of the liberals pissed if he isent selected. We need a Democrat in the white house the next 8 years to keep out any more ultraconservative Kouch judges in the Supreme Court.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 03:38 am
@RABEL222,
In my opinion, the most important aspect of the 2016 election is to keep a Republican out of the Oval Office so that the Supreme Court will not get more of what it already has too much of...the block-headed conservative obstructionists.

Getting reasonable people through the confirmation process will be difficult enough with the Senate composed as it is...but if the nominations were coming from a Republican...this country is down the drain.

I only hope no justice dies or retires before the next election...because I see the confirmation problems as being massive...no matter if the person leaving is a conservative or liberal.

I see the next SCOTUS process in the Senate as a great potential danger to the Republic.
Kolyo

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 04:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I only hope no justice dies or retires before the next election...because I see the confirmation problems as being massive...no matter if the person leaving is a conservative or liberal.

I won't go so far as to hope any of them die, but think about the positives that would come from one of them retiring and sparking off a heated confirmation battle. What it would do is show people just how important a facet of the presidency the power to nominate judges was. People won't vote with that at the forefront of their minds in 2016 unless a confirmation battle teaches them the hard way that they must.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 07:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Conservatives seem intent upon returning to Plessy vs. Ferguson and the so-called "separate but equal" doctrine. The Ku Klux Klan was and always has been a conservative group (the original Religious Right, in fact); and the social institution of Jim Crow was conservative from the very start.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 07:56 am
The gop is just teeming with social conundrums, all of which basically amount to it trying to paint a relevant and caring face on its agenda... again. It's no wonder the base consists of the fundy christians, people who'd rather lose a limb than pay more taxes, the uber wealthy; and those who have been duped in to believing that all of the above need someone to come to their defense.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 08:07 am
@RABEL222,
This is certainly true, but I'm not even dreaming Sanders could be elected and then somehow allowed to effect changes. I don't think he has the backing to be a 'spoiler' either, which of course would mess things up. I am, though, glad to have him be heard, and if enough people did support him, I'd change my mind about his ability to be elected.

On others who have only a short time frame now to show up and make a difference, maybe, maybe, one or another could do well.
revelette2

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 11:37 am
@ossobuco,
Your right it is good that he is at least heard. I confess I have never really heard of him and now I have looked him up and I like his views and a lot of his policies.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 11:47 am
@revelette2,
I agree with Ossobuco also, Revelette.

Hearing from people like Sanders and Warren is very, very important...if this country is ever to regain its bearings.

I welcome their input.

I support Hillary. She can win. Neither of them can right now. (I hope there soon comes a day where people like them will be able to win.)
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 12:51 pm
If only we could get a Paul V. Sanders race. That would be something.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 01:30 pm
@McGentrix,
I have no trouble with you guys going with Paul...or Cruz.

I wouldn't want Sanders on my side of the fence.

Not because I do not think his ideas are positive and appropriate (I think they are great ideas...and very appropriate)...but because I recognize that the country is simply not ready for a far left candidate. America would pick a far right candidate over a far left one...every time right now.

Too bad that. Something that needs to be fixed about the American psyche. Something I hope gets fixed.

And soon.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 28 May, 2015 05:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Aint going to happen soon. The schools used to teach the kids to read and think for themselves. Nowdays they teach them to conform as one can tell by reading many of the posts on this site.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 05:41 pm
Do me a favor. If you like Bernie, ******* vote for him. He is experiencing a groundswell of epic proportions - and in addition to that, I see so many people saying they really like him or their heart is with him but that have to vote "for the one who can win..."

We're old. I don't know how many of us have one or two election cycles left. Let's just ******* take this one. The worst thing that can happen in some ass clown will get elected. News flash: That happens every goddamn time.

A peoples' revolution is brewing. Be a part of it. **** the status quo. Let's shock the **** out of entitled crooks.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/hillary-clinton-south-carolina-bernie-sanders-119117.html

I was going to see him in Charleston. His team emailed me and said they had to change the venue because the previous one isn't big enough anymore.

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 05:49 pm
@Lash,
He's advancing in the polls. If he could get the kind of coverage an asshole like Trump is getting, he might be in.
Lash

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 05:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
He's riding a big wave of attention on Twitter and in print due to surprising numbers. Hillary's already been forced to stop waffling on TPP which her cronies are trying to push through, and the S.C. AFLCIO sent out a sheet asking for support for Bernie.

I suppose because the national AFLCIO is in the Dem pocket, they trotted out a memo saying the SC AFLCIO should retract their support. Nevertheless, big, unexpected moves for Bernie.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 05:59 pm
@McGentrix,
Oh! Please let it be.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 06:07 pm
@Lash,
Hey, we agree.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 06:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
But, you're perpetuating it, Frank. Please vote for your preferred candidate.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2015 06:17 pm
@Lash,
push it Lash!
push that boat out!

I like him and his views, and I'd love him to get some serious support.