Affair blew up

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 02:52 am
I'm not sure if this a question or just a story that I have to tell. I just had a 5 month affair blow up recently. I am married for 20 years in my late forties with no children. I love my wife but she has made live very hard for us. She has been through rehab 3 times for pain meds and has no real interest in sex. My affair partner is a wonderful woman also in her late forties, but with 5 kids and a mentally abusive husband. We have been really good friends for four years and have always been very flirty. About 6 months ago we realized that we were much more then friends and slowly started changing our relationship to a romantic one. We both knew that this would be difficult but we were determined to make a go of it.
I would always see her at her place of business and we would make believe that we were only friends. The both of us were truly in love with one another to the point of being silly and stupid. Because of out limited time alone we only had sex a handful of times. The chemistry that we had was like nothing else I have ever experienced before. We really had talked about leaving our spouses to be together...that was until she got caught in a lie when she was with me.
Her husband knew she was lying and then he checked the cell phone records. I know how stupid we were, thousands of calls and texts of the course of 5 months. She finally gave me up 3 weeks ago and things have gone off a cliff.
My wife knows something is going on but does really not want to know. My affair partner and I tried to keep in contact covertly after things blew up until last week.
She was at a restaurant by herself and I walked in and had a great conversation until her husband saw her car in the parking lot and walked in. He confronted me and took a swing at me before some other gentlemen intervened. It has gone from bad to almost worst case scenario. The husband wants my partner to take out a retraining order against me in order for them to stay married. After she told me that, I asked her not to contact me again and blocked her from all my social media and cell phone. She had asked me to leave my wife and rescue her but I could not pull the trigger. I truly regret that decision.
Very long story kinda short, both of us are completely heartbroken at this abrupt ending and don't know what to do. I have not spoken to her in a week and do not anticipate talking anytime soon. She does not want to lose her children.
Other then the obvious that we were complete idiots, any ideas on how to get through this heartbreak? I cannot bear the thought of never being able to be her friend again.

jespah

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 05:40 am
You can't be this other woman's friend. It's an all or nothing situation. You either 'rescue' her (Cripes, why can't people get off their duffs and take responsibility for their own lives anymore? Yes, I get that she is mentally abused but Christ on a cracker, adults should take part in their own destinies) or go 100% no contact. There is no in between.

You need counseling. You also need to think about what to do about your marriage. Just because you haven't been caught by your wife yet doesn't mean it won't happen tomorrow. But don't take action and consider what to do because of a fear of being caught -- do it because you are clearly unhappy. Regardless of how your wife has treated you, you did love her at some point in the past. Now man up and either make a go of it with her and do so without reservations, or let her go so that someone else can.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 06:37 am
You may miss her and she misses you, but neither of you has the guts to really make anything happen. (you say she asked you to leave your wife and rescue her; you didn't. )

So there it is . . .

Stay away from all this. Get your marriage settled. Either you and your wife have a marriage - or LEAVE!!

Sex, money or the kids keep bad marriages together. What is your reason for staying in this miserable marriage?
0 Replies

20SomethingYrOld

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2015 07:55 pm
@phxguy2001,
dang... crazyness...
1) either fix your marriage (no contact with your"friend") or...
2) divorce from your unhappy marriage and rescue your friend.

theres no in between. wouldnt it be nice if you could have the best of both worlds? but that isnt the case in reality. be mature, and let your wife go or get some marriage counseling. Marriages arent easy. and things wont change until you express your frustrations with your wife. If nothing can or will change, then divorce her!

affairs never end well... NEVER.
0 Replies

phxguy2001

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2015 12:19 am
Thank you all very much for your input, it all seems like very common sense advice and I appreciate it. I think the best thing for me may be to avoid any places that I know she frequents so I can try and get over her. The problem is that we live 1.5 miles apart...I guess it will be inevitable bumping into her at some point. Hopefully it will be later rather then sooner.
0 Replies

trustbutconfirm

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 04:58 pm
This bows my mind.
When my husband considered having a fling he ended up confessing to me what happened. The other woman was younger and more than eager to go to his hotel room with him. When he was away on business.
I never contacted her but I thought about it. I also know that in a heat I can loose control. I'm a poised adult and rather elegant looking woman. But at 47 I had a woman in a parking lot start a fight with me. Not her lucky day.
This woman you are talking about has a mentally abusive husband. Are you so stupid to think he's going to go easy on her over this. You people do not consider the "boiling rabbit" possibility in these cases. Moving in on someone's territory could cost a life in some cases. Pure stupidity
trustbutconfirm

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 09:07 pm
@trustbutconfirm,
Blows my mind
trustbutconfirm

Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 09:08 pm
@trustbutconfirm,
Lose my control. Friggen ipad
0 Replies